What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how was the devestatetion? I keep looking that one over

I really liked it. It is a wet hop beer, so its not just going to rip your face off with the hops, but great aroma, good flavor, not overly roasty. Good balance now, but I would think the hops will probably drop off quick and tip over more to the roast/chocolate balance as time goes on. If I see another anywhere around I will probably buy and drink quick.

Glad it's back online, my favorite hang out and beer perv thread!
Coke right now, some hb irish stout after work

I really liked it. It is a wet hop beer, so its not just going to rip your face off with the hops, but great aroma, good flavor, not overly roasty. Good balance now, but I would think the hops will probably drop off quick and tip over more to the roast/chocolate balance as time goes on. If I see another anywhere around I will probably buy and drink quick.

Thanks! I may have to grab one

nuke, NEBCO is opening on the 21st of this month at the new spot across the street. I am staying far away. That place is going to be mobbed by the local craft beer "cult."

WesleyS said:
Now that the thread is back, I'd like to take the opportunity to remind everyone of this:

Best thing I ever did was accidentally post that. Or was it accidental? It was fate.

Was at a wedding this weekend, the choices were coors light or corona. At the least the hotel had bottles of lagunitas IPA for the after party.

This is from july and its still fantastic.

Finding this in my fridge and getting the alchy thread back...its like two early christmas presents wrapped into one!

Cheers :tank:

Man even sober i suck at rememberin to post pics woth this phone! I'd have way less posts if i wasnt such an idiot.

image-3399138946.jpg

This is shaping up to be a great day! The alchy thread is back and I just found the laminate flooring I was looking for to do my living room deeply discounted to 11 cents a sq.ft.! There's a longer version of this story that explains why I'm as exited as I am, but I won't bore y'all with the details. ;)
I will be celebrating this day with a beer shortly.

Tried a hopped mead last night for the first time - Evil Genius IPA-Style Mead. Interesting. A little too sweet for me, though. I have a Clown Shoes Bombay Berserker on standby for a little bit later on. Right now, it's a Sam Adams Winter Lager from the SA Winter Variety pack SWMBO picked up. At least it's good for the bottles :D

This is shaping up to be a great day! The alchy thread is back and I just found the laminate flooring I was looking for to do my living room deeply discounted to 11 cents a sq.ft.! There's a longer version of this story that explains why I'm as exited as I am, but I won't bore y'all with the details. ;)
I will be celebrating this day with a beer shortly.

I'm holding off on the "great day decree" until MNF is over. But if it is I got some Backwoods Bastard to drink :ban:

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I'm holding off on the "great day decree" until MNF is over. But if it is I got some Backwoods Bastard to drink :ban:

Well, since I'm out of the running, none of that affects me. It doesn't matter to me who wins. Whoever it is is going to be receiving from me a dry hopped mystery liquid in a recapped Pliny bottle. ;)

Welcome back to the thread, everyone. There is now meaning in my life again. :) Just having a post-workout shake, ATM, but getting into some Gandhi-bot Clone 1.0 and 2.0 later for a comparison along with my remaining Flower Power.

nuke, NEBCO is opening on the 21st of this month at the new spot across the street. I am staying far away. That place is going to be mobbed by the local craft beer "cult."
Is that code for hipsters?
I was really close to typing that word instead.

I agree with your decision 100%, Remmy and I will be following your lead. I actually did use the term "craft beer hipsters" when I was complaining on Beer Forum about the Gandhi keg kicking right in front of my very eyes. I was next in line for ****'s sake. And the reason was because every Tom, Dick and Harry that walked in decided to treat it like they were going out of business by getting 3 to 4 growlers each. It doesn't help that NEBCO doesn't have a counter-pressure system so they waste a **** ton of beer by overflowing to get the foam out. Anyway, glad they were efficient in moving. Maybe the riff raff will clear out by the time I get a chance to go down there after Christmas.

Just scored the last bit of bcbsbw they had at the spot. Store owner was legit when he said they'd be getting more. Awesome.

And drinking my dark mild which unfortunately seems like the hop additions I added had little effect on the flavor compared to the grain bill in this one for some reason.

image-1223192252.jpg

image-2112010349.jpg

Just got back from getting my car inspected. I knew I should have checked the brakes before I went. Then again when I got those tires installed last month they should have warned me about my brakes. Kicking back with a Founders Breakfast Stout.

Back