Brahma Extra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloHoppa

Reaction score
My friend's mother is a flight attendant and knows I am a fan of trying new brews so for Christmas, she bought me two bottles of Brahma Extra. I also got the Samuel Adams Boston Lager glasses from Santa, so I cracked open the first one and tried it out...

VISUAL: light gold, clear, pale, little to no head, minimal to no lacing
AROMA: sweet yet sharp and grainy
BODY: thin mouthfeel, does little to excite the palette
FLAVOR/ABC: minimal flavor, very grainy and sweet at front of mouth, little hops balance led to a grainy, almost cereal taste, complexity was strong grain tastes (as aforementioned) and smooth finish.

conclusion, its a smoother budweiser without the skunky budweiser taste that i always know it for. 2.5/5 stars.

still cool to get a beer from Sao Paulo; keeping the bottle, lots of gold in an olive colored bottle.

anyone ever tried it?

I've had the Brahma that they sell here in Florida, not sure how much the export version differs from the ones you have, seem to remember they were in clear glass bottles though. First clue that should have convinced me not to pick it up should have been the woman in the store telling me that it is really good. She had that "parrothead jimmy buffet" look going. Should have known from the looks of her that she was probably a lifelong Corona drinker, at least until Bud started marketing Landshark. From what I remember of Brahma, it was like Corona with less skunk. I had a 12 pack, took a long time to finish it off.

Allan

yeah. i would agree with you there. the bottle is cool though! i'm using it to put bottlecaps in

Back