trouble with beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my beersmith program to show the calories that will be in my recipes. It seems to be stuck at 43 calories per pint but I am using 5 lbs of 2 row and 2 lbs of corn sugar so I know that cannot be right. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am very new to beer smith, just downloaded it today.

It's probably going off of the measured OG/FG values, not the estimates. Change the numbers in those boxes- right above the color box- and see what happens.

You have to plug in your actual OG and FG numbers. You can plug the estimated values for these to get an idea of what the calories/pint will be if you don't have the actual numbers yet.

you are exactly right. Thanks much for the information. Now I wonder if there is any way to measure the carbs. I am just a fat guy who wants to be careful about the extra calories and carbs. Great craft beer has made me huge! That and being a little lazy.

Back