Taste Testing first Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evorgrah

Reaction score
Tasting my first homebrew tonight! It has only been a week since bottling but my brother and I are going to pop one open tonight just to see how it has come along. I'm pretty stoke!. We brewed a Brewer's Best kit - "Witbier." The OG was 1.054 and the FG was 1.010, putting the ABV at about 5.71% Anyone brewed this before? It is a wheat beer and it is supposed to taste like Blue Moon. Anyone have any stories or experiences they'd like to share about tasting their first homebrew?

I would recommend waiting a bit longer, it probably wont be fully carbonated yet, and it may still be a bit sweet from the priming sugar. There is nothing wrong with trying it, just dont have high hopes. It will likely not taste the same now as it will in two more weeks, but that is a good thing! If you do try it, and you like how it is now, it will get even better; so make sure you dont drink them all to early.

I would recommend waiting a bit longer, it probably wont be fully carbonated yet, and it may still be a bit sweet from the priming sugar. There is nothing wrong with trying it, just dont have high hopes. It will likely not taste the same now as it will in two more weeks, but that is a good thing! If you do try it, and you like how it is now, it will get even better; so make sure you dont drink them all to early.

yea we went ahead and chilled one down and tried it out. i liked it but i can definitely tell that it is a little "young." there were a few of what i think were off flavors that should mellow out here in the next couple weeks. were going to try another in another week. i just wanted to see how it tastes along the way. it was surprising more carbed up than i thought it was going to be. seemed like a normal beer carb wise. the head retention was very minimal. i have no idea if that it going to improve. it is a wheat beer so i thought there would be some head but NOPE haha.
im going to pick up some more ingredients for my second brew session. i cant wait.

Back