Couple of quick questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
I am 12 days into fermentation on this recipe:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/ntolerance/cascade-1.jpg

Took a gravity reading and I am at 1.015, SG was 1.050. I am hoping for a 1.010 EG. (5.25% alcohol by volume, 4.2% by weight)

My Kegerator will be ready by this weekend.

Beer needs to sit longer, obviously, but its a bit too cloudy. I dont mind the cloudiness, it is a partial wheat beer, but it seems there is actually sediment in it.

Once the kegerator/force carb is ready, should I let the beer set in the fermenter for further conditioning, or let it condition in the keg? I wont be able to keg untill Sunday at best, so that would put me at 18 days in the fermenter, one day off the recipe. ( I can wait that day and longer if needed/suggested)I guess my question isnt about alcohol content, but more for clearing.

OR will it not clear at all?

If I were you, I would let it sit for another week. I have had great success fermenting for 21 days then aging for 3 weeks. The longer you wait, the more your FG will drop. 1.015 isn't bad but by waiting you may just hit your 1.012 target

I can let it set in the fermentor untill the week of May 25th. I would like to have it ready for a party on the 6th of june. Need a week or so to get it carb'ed. Would like it ready a day or two early so I know its good to go.

Really about one more week would be fine, I've only bottled and let it age about 3 weeks before giving to anybody else, I'm not sure it is the same with kegging but I would think it is.

You would probably be fine just bottling it 3 weeks ahead of the serve date.

Back