Bad Technique yields new must for brew equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheH2

Reaction score
When transferring beer from keg to bottle, make sure you release the pressure form the keg, or at the very least have the tapper connected to the beer gun/counter pressure filler which would halt the beer flow. I did not do that and it created a huge beer fountain. It obviously went everywhere with 14lbs of pressure.

On to the equipment needed to clean it up, a sham-wow. I’m 100 percent serious. My kegerator is in the basement which has the guest bed, which had a lot of beer on it, as well as the carpet about 15 - 20 feet away. I pulled out the Sham-wow, added water and cleaned up the entire mess in a couple of minutes. The carpet came clean in a matter of seconds. I didn’t know the comforter was cleaned until it dried about 30 minutes later, with no spots. I’ve used the shamwow 3 times, each time while brewing and “I’ve said wow every time”. Great $20 spent, besides you spend $20 in paper towels a month anyway, it practically pays for itself. I now use two infomercial products to brew, shamwow and oxyclean.

If you love the shamwow, you're gonna love my nuts!!

l42558204233_75.jpg

Who spends $20 a month for paper towels?! Seriously!!

I for one will not buy a product that has the word "sham" in the name.

Sham:
1 : a trick that deludes : hoax
2 : cheap falseness : hypocrisy
3 : an ornamental covering for a pillow
4 : an imitation or counterfeit purporting to be genuine
5 : a person who shams

I bet a wet/dry shop vac would work 10x better than some lousy shamwow, and you can use it for a ton of things...

I have no clue what I spend on paper towels and shamwow has not reduced those costs. I still use paper towels for most everything, with the exception of the bigger spills.

That's like comparing a Dyson to dust buster, one costs significantly more so it better work a lot better.

I can see lots of uses for a shamwow, but I bet they'd probably happen about once a month for me, if that.

I go through $20 worth of Kleenex in a month. Is there a Shamwow for that?

Back