Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That story itself is a funny thing overheard about beer. To boil it down, some guy was offered a perfectly good beer and rejected it because he only drinks IPAs.

Yes, this thread has now become self-referential. It's reached some sort of critical mass whereby it produces it's own uniquely funny things about beer.

Awesome!

That story itself is a funny thing overheard about beer. To boil it down, some guy was offered a perfectly good beer and rejected it because he only drinks IPAs.

I guess I was wrong in thinking this was a site free of pricks.
I did not turn it down.
I do not exclusively drink IPA.

The point was that she was clueless about bartending. We had already had our fill. We had only been interested in IPA at that time after work. She gave us a beer that tasted funky after getting hopped up. But its all good. You just turned a new user away from the site is all.

I did not turn it down.

The point was that she was clueless about bartending. We had already had our fill. We had only been interested in IPA at that time after work. She gave us a beer that tasted funky after getting hopped up. But its all good. You just turned a new user away from the site is all.

Whoa there feller, this is the internet, no need to get butthurt.

Of the 700 pages in this thread about 400 of them are people who feel superior for being agitated when they go into a bar that only has BMC.

I did not turn it down.

After about a half dozen different IPA's the bartender decided to be cool and passed us a glass on the house! After the first awkward sip we realized she had given us a Shiner Bock. Nice try, thanks but no thanks.

To be fair, "nice try but no thanks" sounds an awful lot like a rejection.

Generally one says "no thanks" when declining something.

To be fair, "nice try but no thanks" sounds an awful lot like a rejection.

Generally one says "no thanks" when declining something.

Right. I also did not say it. I thought it. The same way I did not call the waiter at the restaurant Jeeves. Also not butthurt over internet forum warriors. Just regretting sharing a story on what I previously thought to be an entertaining thread. Ill stick to other sites for information as soon as I hear back from the one polite person that has answered my posts :cross:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409690781.296903.jpg

Yes, this thread has now become self-referential. It's reached some sort of critical mass whereby it produces it's own uniquely funny things about beer.

Awesome!

I can't hold her together much longer captain. I'm givin it all she's got!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Right. I also did not say it. I thought it. The same way I did not call the waiter at the restaurant Jeeves. Also not butthurt over internet forum warriors. Just regretting sharing a story on what I previously thought to be an entertaining thread. Ill stick to other sites for information as soon as I hear back from the one polite person that has answered my posts :cross:

This thread can be weird at times. :tank:

Drinking at a local watering hole... guy tells me he only drinks BL from a bottle because the tap beer gets you drunk faster... when I asked him why he thought that he said it was because the stuff on tap had more carbonation. :confused:

Well actually... The pyloric valve controls the flow from the stomach to the intestine. It closes when it senses alcohol but CO2 relaxes it. Since alcohol is absorbed exponentially faster by the intestine, higher carbonation should get you drunk faster.

Love this thread and I'm bored at work and new on this forum so I thought I might pitch in!

My boss and I went to a local bar that had a decent craft selection and a horrible bartender. After about a half dozen different IPA's the bartender decided to be cool and passed us a glass on the house! After the first awkward sip we realized she had given us a Shiner Bock. Nice try, thanks but no thanks.

Last week my father and brothers came in to get measured for suits for my wedding, so I took them to dinner nearby. The restaurant was fine but had a very small beer selection with zero craft beer. Knowing it would merely be a primer on a night of debauchery, I asked for a Coors light just to help the fish taco. The waiter came out with an overly frosted glass and a slightly cooler than room temp bottle of Coors and asked if he could pour it for me. Yes Jeeves. Make with the fancy.

She shoulda offered you a stout, since she was serving you those all night, yeah? Or was that the guys next to you? :)

And who else doesn't like cold glasses full of warm beer?

Well actually... The pyloric valve controls the flow from the stomach to the intestine. It closes when it senses alcohol but CO2 relaxes it. Since alcohol is absorbed exponentially faster by the intestine, higher carbonation should get you drunk faster.

If that's true, and not total BS, then that's the first "well actually" that I've ever benefitted from. Thank you sir for that interesting knowledge.

Love this thread and I'm bored at work and new on this forum so I thought I might pitch in!

My boss and I went to a local bar that had a decent craft selection and a horrible bartender. After about a half dozen different IPA's the bartender decided to be cool and passed us a glass on the house! After the first awkward sip we realized she had given us a Shiner Bock. Nice try, thanks but no thanks.

Last week my father and brothers came in to get measured for suits for my wedding, so I took them to dinner nearby. The restaurant was fine but had a very small beer selection with zero craft beer. Knowing it would merely be a primer on a night of debauchery, I asked for a Coors light just to help the fish taco. The waiter came out with an overly frosted glass and a slightly cooler than room temp bottle of Coors and asked if he could pour it for me. Yes Jeeves. Make with the fancy.

I thought it was funny guy.

They just like free beer, that's all :D

I did not turn it down.

Hey, I was just joking with you. Sorry to have offended.

This site is full of pricks, though!

Soon it will be your turn to (jokingly) rag on someone for something they do. It's all in fun.

That's the only Shiner beer that doesn't taste bad to me.

I think I tried the hefe once. I don't like that style, and there's was no exception. The bock is fairly good. I think I do side with the offended fellow though. A bock would taste like ass after a night of straight ipa's. The bartender probably never tasted any of them. She probably only knew any of them by the color, and thought she would get a good tip for giving him a "dark" one.

On a side note, you have to realize that half the people on a beer site are wasted when they post, and have no filter. I know I'm guilty.

Guilty of posting under the influence. By my interpretation, by the time I'm wasted I can no longer function the keyboard. I say that this particular topic would make a fine idea for a new poll.

Congratulations on your wedding. I hope you have a lot of fun, and a great life together.
I find this a pretty cool site, mostly self policing, mostly nice. It has helped my brewing tremendously. Patience, Grasshopper.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to organize paid fights between kittens and ball pythons.... not really, but was just trying to take the heat off TheCADJockey... Hey brother, don't ever say no one on this site is friend!

Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to organize paid fights between kittens and ball pythons.... not really, but was just trying to take the heat off TheCADJockey... Hey brother, don't ever say no one on this site is friend!

Are the kittens paying to fight the ball pythons? If so then I hope you get your money up front. Are the ball pythons full sized or kitten sized? What kind of odds would you give me on a lynx kitten vs ball python?

Shame about the free beer CADjockey. I know how it is when you are on an IPA binge and accidentally taste some malty lager. Even the best bock in the world is going to taste wrong after 4 IPAs.

On a side note, you have to realize that half the people on a beer site are wasted when they post, and have no filter. I know I'm guilty.

Even considering that, things run pretty smoothly here most of the time.

WHAT

THE ****

IS THAT?

JEEEEZUS THAT'S SCARY. How big are those? FUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKK MEEEEE

Brown recluse. Range anywhere from tiny baby ones all the way up to nearly the size of a half dollar for the big mamas. Those were about the size of a quarter legs and all. You usually don't see the big females because they stay hid and lay eggs. The males are the ones out roaming around. I ripped everything out of my garage when I moved in and killed 3-4 of the big females. We had the house fogged and the number of spiders dropped fairly rapidly. Still trying to catch all the rest of them.

I'm a lifetime supporter here because of the remarkably low rate of *****ebagary when compared to every single other forum I've ever set foot in, both physical and [especially] virtual.
It is pretty civil around here most of the time. Just a lil drunken posting I think?
I really hate to derail a thread so far off-topic, but real quick...

A FUN, BEER-RELATED THING I BOUGHT:

new key to my house:

View attachment 221750

Cool key! Where did you find that?

Thought I'd share a story from a few years ago. Was out on a binge with a few mates and got a round of Tennents (read: Scotland's mass produced answer to Bud, Coors Light, Fosters, Carling and the rest) as we were all only just turned 18 and hadn't really experienced joy of Real Ale yet. One of our friends wasn't a fan of beer and he asked for a vodka mix. Being good friends, we ordered him a Shandy to try and ease him in gently.

I swear the poor guy got one gulp and then spewed all over the table. We had to leave because they thought we were drunk despite this being our first drink of the night.

I guess some of us just aren't blessed with a love for beer!

we actually have an electronic lock. the physical key is in case the batteries crap out

my car lock looked like that, back in my drunken sailor days

not that I would drive while impaired. or admit to specific incidents prior to the expiration of any statute of limitations

Latest posts

Back