What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say living in AZ, you're pretty effed in general. Going to be hard to brew when you run out of water in a few years.

Unless California finally falls off into the ocean and I have beachfront property... Seriously though, I hate it here. Especially after growing up in Montana and Oregon.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Although, a Skeeter Pee backsweetened with Starburst.....hmmmmmmmm :ban:
Best thing since jolly ranchers and zima, right? Gag.

Anything sweetened with starburst? No thanks. I don't even like starburst. They're like little pieces of chemical flavored wax. Blech.

Drinking water at the airport. I get to go home this weekend!!! Drawback is that I have to come back for longer than originally intended. Woo hoo?

unionrdr said:
Meadville,PA? That's about 38M from where we lived in Harmony Township. Abot midway between Pleasantville & Tionesta.

Those names sound familiar. Never been to any of em tho. Meadville sucks most of the time, but my wife grew up there so it's not all bad. I still want to move back to Pittsburgh at some point. I miss my home town.

Hb Green tea kombucha before I actually get some stuff done for the day. I think I will dial the sugar back a little on next batch. Its a little sweet but the tartness is awesome :rockin:

ForumRunner_20131025_131627.png

Horrible news.... My gfs friend is having a going away party at a bar in ny 1.5 hours from us.... Guess who's DD?? ....kill me!

First your fridge goes out and now this. You must have seriously pissed someone off upstairs! ;) Good luck finding a way to stay sane!

A little sample of Dogfish Head's Theobroma. Interesting for sure. View attachment 156144

A little sample, huh? And who's finishing the rest of the 750 - the bartender? ;)

BrewinHooligan said:
I learned to not ever ask that question... It always can be worse, and with my luck it usually gets worse after asking that :mad:
Same here.
Last time I said that, my wife called a few minutes later and said our washing machine overflowed.

For a change - I have a quiet Friday afternoon with work (shhhh - don't tell anyone!) That was good since I had to run to the LHBS to drop this off:

image-1257856131.jpg

Two entries (schwarzbier and wee heavy) for my first comp. I also dropped something off for my brewclub's raffle fundraiser. Originally I planned on giving a Boulevard Coffee Ale but when I went to the cellar to grab it I started thinking about how it is such a nice 750 corked bottle to give away that I changed my mine and gave a DFH & ST bomber instead :D.

Then acting on a clue from Gabe, I stopped at Dollar General
image-2046308416.jpg
and got a 3.5 pound tub of generic Oxixlean free for $4! And DG is right next to the LHBS so no loss of gas either.

As a fan of The Game of Thrones, I know that winter is coming, so I prepared for that with my next stop...

image-2951195639.jpg

Now that I'm back home and put things away, something to quench the thirst while I get back to work:

image-1609339451.jpg

And yes Hello, I'm having the whole thing! :fro:

mcbaumannerb said:
For a change - I have a quiet Friday afternoon with work (shhhh - don't tell anyone!) That was good since I had to run to the LHBS to drop this off: Two entries (schwarzbier and wee heavy) for my first comp. I also dropped something off for my brewclub's raffle fundraiser. Originally I planned on giving a Boulevard Coffee Ale but when I went to the cellar to grab it I started thinking about how it is such a nice 750 corked bottle to give away that I changed my mine and gave a DFH & ST bomber instead :D. Then acting on a clue from Gabe, I stopped at Dollar General and got a 3.5 pound tub of generic Oxixlean free for $4! And DG is right next to the LHBS so no loss of gas either. As a fan of The Game of Thrones, I know that winter is coming, so I prepared for that with my next stop... Now that I'm back home and put things away, something to quench the thirst while I get back to work: And yes Hello, I'm having the whole thing! :fro:

I need to remember to stop at DG on way home. I bet I forget.

For a change - I have a quiet Friday afternoon with work (shhhh - don't tell anyone!) That was good since I had to run to the LHBS to drop this off:

Two entries (schwarzbier and wee heavy) for my first comp. I also dropped something off for my brewclub's raffle fundraiser. Originally I planned on giving a Boulevard Coffee Ale but when I went to the cellar to grab it I started thinking about how it is such a nice 750 corked bottle to give away that I changed my mine and gave a DFH & ST bomber instead :D.

and got a 3.5 pound tub of generic Oxixlean free for $4! And DG is right next to the LHBS so no loss of gas either.

As a fan of The Game of Thrones, I know that winter is coming, so I prepared for that with my next stop...

Now that I'm back home and put things away, something to quench the thirst while I get back to work:

I'm pretty jealous..... You use That sun oxiclean like you would pbw?

Well, as long as your still working :D
HAHA I was on my "lunch" which was code for a beer run. I got a can of TenFiddy and 10 other single bottles of stuff to try out from a beer store I didn't know about. :D
First your fridge goes out and now this. You must have seriously pissed someone off upstairs! ;) Good luck finding a way to stay sane!

A little sample, huh? And who's finishing the rest of the 750 - the bartender? ;)
They had the DFH on tap, I didn't buy the bomber. There is a weird smell to it and a taste I cannot figure out. It wasn't so amazing that I had to have a bomber.

HAHA are you now? :D Didn't or isn't GOF coming out with some brew? I thought I read that somewhere. I wouldn't mind trying it.

I am having a glass of coke while I "work" the rest of the day. I think my boss is pissed at me, or something.

HAHA are you now? :D Didn't or isn't GOF coming out with some brew? I thought I read that somewhere. I wouldn't mind trying it.

I am having a glass of coke while I "work" the rest of the day. I think my boss is pissed at me, or something.

Yeah Ommegang has come out with a couple of GOF inspired beers. I have them in the cellar but haven't tried them yet.

View attachment 156145

View attachment 156146

View attachment 156147

View attachment 156148

Youve sure been busy "working" this friday. At least it has been for a good cause :D

Trying a very young bottle (3 weeks in bottles) of my RIS in the name of science

image-3051064953.jpg

It is a bit hot (obviously) but has the right amount of whiskey and roast for my taste. Don't get much if any of the vanilla and there isn't much carbonation (though this bottle was only half full from the end of bottling).

Will give the rest some time to grow up :)

Got 2 gallons of starters going for Clint.

Working on my brett blend. Counting tiny things.

Drinking some xxx vitamin water with chia seeds.

having a GT's Kombucha while waiting impatiently for mine to carb up.

Cof here as well ... getting ready to go down and delabel & clean some bottles. BK - this isn't the same bug coming back around in your house I hope?!

Careful with that welder today. That's about the amount of sleep where my eyeballs usually start hurting halfway through the morning. Hope the little Klubb is ok.
the young Klubb is doing good. he's just nap sensitive. daycare let him nap too long yesterday and he was wound like an 8 day clock. extra 15-20 minutes in the nap mean an extra 1-2 hours awake at night.

Unless California finally falls off into the ocean and I have beachfront property... Seriously though, I hate it here. Especially after growing up in Montana and Oregon.
is this pic familiar from somewhere else?

creepy clown..jpg

I'm pretty jealous..... You use That sun oxiclean like you would pbw?

I do. I usually give my wild fermenters a 2nd soak.

Got 2 gallons of starters going for Clint.

Working on my brett blend. Counting tiny things.

Drinking some xxx vitamin water with chia seeds.

Got anything going for me?:D

the young Klubb is doing good. he's just nap sensitive. daycare let him nap too long yesterday and he was wound like an 8 day clock. extra 15-20 minutes in the nap mean an extra 1-2 hours awake at night.

I know the feeling. Whenever I think a nap is a good idea, I try and remember it means I'll probably be up until 2 am.

Finishing up the bottle of BK's port

Nada. I got half a pack of smokes,no beer (ready),no vodka & 1/4 tank of gas...retiree payday is next Friday. Damn,& Giant Eagle has a ton of craft 6'rs on sale this week too!:(

Back