What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you remember to stop at DG? ;)

I did, but it's across from the elementary school and it was the after school rush. I'll hafta stop on way home from market tomorrow. I've got enough to clean fermentor and bucket after I bottle tonight. :mug:

I do. I usually give my wild fermenters a 2nd soak.

Got anything going for me?:D

I know the feeling. Whenever I think a nap is a good idea, I try and remember it means I'll probably be up until 2 am.

Finishing up the bottle of BK's port
a bottle of that'll last a day or two, innit? hahahhaa!!

I did, but it's across from the elementary school and it was the after school rush. I'll hafta stop on way home from market tomorrow. I've got enough to clean fermentor and bucket after I bottle tonight. :mug:

That good - as long as you can bottle tonight! ;) Did you find out about the "church" that's next to the property you're looking at?

a bottle of that'll last a day or two, innit? hahahhaa!!

Or a week. I think it's even tastier now than when I first opened it. I'm tempted to drink the 4 oz the oak is soaking in, but I think it will probably be too oaky and would be better in the beer the wood is going in.

That good - as long as you can bottle tonight! ;) Did you find out about the "church" that's next to the property you're looking at?

Should be able to bottle tonight. I'd just need to finish OCDing over what bottles I'm going to use. I think this batch is worth bottling a magnum of and the only magnums I have are J Roget bottles, so there is no way all the bottles will match.

I didn't call the city about the church today. I'll probably go see on Sunday if they actually have services there still and then go to city building after I meet with landlord next week. I think it will be easier to get info in person than on the phone.

Dale's Pale Ale....My go to Pale Ale, if I don't have any of my own available.

Dales.jpg

Eh not as bad as I was expecting it to be but not great either, pretty drinkable tho but that could just be my good mood with a .75 raise today. It's a great Friday

image-2680756549.jpg

On my lunch break enjoying a Lagunitas IPA. Can't wait to backsweeten and bottle my tangelo wine after work so I can start drinking it.

A growler? Man, I bow to you…and your liver.

My liver is a well-seasoned, piss-and-vinegar, harder than old nails veteran. He don't take no gruff. Brain, on the other hand, tends to call it quits well before he should. Liver and I have been trying to make Brain man up for years, but it's still a work in progress.

I do. I usually give my wild fermenters a 2nd soak.

Got anything going for me?:D

I know the feeling. Whenever I think a nap is a good idea, I try and remember it means I'll probably be up until 2 am.

Finishing up the bottle of BK's port

Yessir I do, not in that volume, hope that's okay.

Headed to olive garden shortly to meet up with some of the wifes relatives, god I despise that place. If I wanted fake Italian food I'd go to pizza hut

Headed to olive garden shortly to meet up with some of the wifes relatives, god I despise that place.

What, you don't like those "fine" wines they push when you sit? Or the overcooked pasta? Or perhaps its the bland sauces? ;) Just remember - there's beer back home! :mug:

Horrible news.... My gfs friend is having a going away party at a bar in ny 1.5 hours from us.... Guess who's DD?? ....kill me!
The cab driver?
As a fan of The Game of Thrones, I know that winter is coming, so I prepared for that with my next stop...
Remember, every time they say "Winter is coming" take a shot.

What, you don't like those "fine" wines they push when you sit? Or the overcooked pasta? Or perhaps its the bland sauces? ;) Just remember - there's beer back home! :mug:

The only thing I like about Olive Garden is picking the peppers out of the salad bowl and enjoying their juicy goodness. The next best thing is making fun of all the youngsters who decided to go somewhere "fancy" on their first date.

Headed to olive garden shortly to meet up with some of the wifes relatives, god I despise that place. If I wanted fake Italian food I'd go to pizza hut

I think my brain would explode if I had to choose between olive garden and pizza hut. Won't be needing that kind of volume on yeast for a while. ;)

DisturbdChemist said:
Its finally beer thirty

Damn! I was just thinking about Petrol! Wish I could head there now, but wife, torn apart house, and shutdown beer budget will keep that from happening. Drink one for me!

I think my brain would explode if I had to choose between olive garden and pizza hut. Won't be needing that kind of volume on yeast for a while. ;)

They are from way up north where a restaurant is a little diner packed inside a gas station. We have excellent local restaurants here in my area, but for some reason we ALWAYS meet up with her family at the garden or at pizza hut. Makes my brain want to explode too.

Good, when you do need this kind of volume in yeast you can build it up yourself :p

TNGabe said:

I would choose OG. Pizza Hut is just plain horrible.

DisturbdChemist said:
Thats the reason you should come by lol.

Will do!
I need to get by there again soon.
I know the first thing I'd get if I was there now. 512 Pecan on nitro.

Because you love em????

Ummmmm, yyyeeeahhhh.....

I would choose OG. Pizza Hut is just plain horrible.

It's been a long, long time since I had either one, but Pizza Hut is about the greasiest stuff ever. Greasier than Tudor's Biscuit World, where I'm pretty sure they deep fry breakfast bagels.

Finishing off an 80 Acre, torpedo on deck. I'm like a broken record this week.

They are from way up north where a restaurant is a little diner packed inside a gas station. We have excellent local restaurants here in my area, but for some reason we ALWAYS meet up with her family at the garden or at pizza hut. Makes my brain want to explode too.

Good, when you do need this kind of volume in yeast you can build it up yourself :p

What part of Maine are you in? The GF and I were just up there this summer on a road trip/vacation. What a hell of a state, although we were a little pissed we didn't see a moose the whole time we were in Maine, but lo-and-behold, literally right after we crossed the border back into New Hamsphire, there's two of them.

An autumnation to celebrate the completion o my first real boil kettle. 15 gallons installed the ball valve and brewmometer last night but finished up today with the sight glass. Calibrated it and did an hour test boil to check accuracy of thermometer and how much boil off.

With a very aggressive boil (flame cranked high) i got a little more than a gallon and a half. Actual boil off on brewday should be less. Hopefully :mug:

image-218987423.jpg

What part of Maine are you in? The GF and I were just up there this summer on a road trip/vacation. What a hell of a state, although we were a little pissed we didn't see a moose the whole time we were in Maine, but lo-and-behold, literally right after we crossed the border back into New Hamsphire, there's two of them.

I'm in central Maine right now, moving south to the Portland area very soon.

Found out I still have 45 minutes before we have to leave, decided to open gabes mystery beer, with the world's hardest to remove cork. Holy hell dude I almost had to get a set of vice grips.

Nice and tasty, slightly funky farmhouse of some sort? Either way this beer is delicious.

20131025_175017_zps51cb5e23.jpg

An autumnation to celebrate the completion o my first real boil kettle. 15 gallons installed the ball valve and brewmometer last night but finished up today with the sight glass. Calibrated it and did an hour test boil to check accuracy of thermometer and how much boil off.

With a very aggressive boil (flame cranked high) i got a little more than a gallon and a half. Actual boil off on brewday should be less. Hopefully :mug:

Make sure you put a heat shield under the sight glass and thermometer. The thermo looks maybe ok, but that sight glass looks ready to screw you over.

Back