• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Pinlock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the need for a few more pinlock kegs. Does anyone have any they would be willing to sell or trade?

Thanks,

Nic

Thank you for your responses. I would really like a 3 gal pinlock keg however I recently purchased a new 3 gal ball lock. So I truly don't have a need for another 3 gal.

I really think 3 pinlocks would fulfill my need however I am open to possibly more.

How about a trade. My 3 gal pinlock for your 3 gal ball lock. All my other kegs are ball lock so just want to make them all the same.

This does interest me. In what condition is your pinlock? My balllock is in like new condition. Really I have only used it a few times to pump sanitizer through my beer lines. No dents and very little scratches.

Looks great. Could you pm me your email for my pics. I don't know how to add pictures directly to the forum.

Here are my pics of the keg.

image-3440152131.jpg

image-31683150.jpg

image-2604938218.jpg

I'm not sure, I know they are different. Is one more common than the other?

benzy4010 said:
I'm not sure, I know they are different. Is one more common than the other?

I would say with much confidence ball lock is more common however as you can see I prefer pin lock. I guess you can say I've always been a coke fan. Lol.

Honestly though pick one type and stick with it. When I started kegging I purchased both types so every time I change kegs I had to change fittings. Just gets annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Pin lock is usually easier to find and is cheaper too. The keg sizes are slightly different too. Pin lock are an inch or two shorter and a little fatter. Also most pin locks don't have a relief valve in the lid. Other than that they both hold beer and spit it out a tap so go with what you find. Ball locks are becoming harder and harder to find nowadays.

Really I think that's the best. Buying on here I feel I can trust more than Craigslist. Home brewers buying from home brewers. That's just my opinion.

I did just discover a company selling pin locks on ebay. Looks like a pretty good deal. Again I prefer to deal with a home brewer first but this looks to be a great back up option.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-gallon-Co...&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=3999900548970042444

Do you have 5 gallon ball locks that you'd like to trade? I have two pin locks but they have been converted to ball locks. Not sure how difficult or expensive it would be to convert back. But depending on shipping cost I could possibly trade. My kegerator fits ball locks much better than pinlocks.

glavini said:
Zimman where are you located? I have a few extra pin lock kegs that are just sitting around.

I'm located in st louis. That would be great if your no longer needing them.

Cheers,

I have a pair of bast*rd pin locks next to my dozen ball locks. Let me know if you're still looking. I have new o-rings to go with them.

jtkratzer said:
I have a pair of bast*rd pin locks next to my dozen ball locks. Let me know if you're still looking. I have new o-rings to go with them.

I am interested. What price are you looking to get out of them?

Cheers,

jtkratzer said:
I had them on CL for $35 each. I'd do $60 plus shipping.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'll pass this time. Thanks though.

Cheers,

Just wanting to say thanks to everyone. I purchased 10 kegs and couldn't be happier.

Take care.

Nic

Cheers,

Back