Canadian Online Store for Ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortCarboy

Reaction score
I checked the sticky and could only find American stores. I was looking to avoid the customs and speed up shipping time if there were any good online stores in Canada. I am in Ottawa Ontario.

Looking to buy brewing ingredients for as cheap as possible and possibly in bulk.

Does anyone know of any?

The best selection *by far* is CHS, which operates out of Brampton (borders Toronto to the northwest) - no other Canadian store comes close. I'd be surprised if any of the other stores had even 20% of the stuff this store stocks.

www.homebrew-supplies.ca

It still pays to shop around though, as the prices are often not the greatest (especially compared to American shops, but that's not the fairest comparison). As you start to get more into the hobby of homebrewing though, it's inevitable that you're going to have to buy some stuff from here (and even the American sites), as most other Canadian stores have very little selection beyond the most basic brewing supplies, often little more than some basic ingredients.

Randy, the owner, is a great guy and is CONSTANTLY adding to his inventory. It's quite insane, really. He really does strive to be able to offer homebrewers anything they could possibly want. And that means if there's *anything* you want but can't find, just drop him an email and he is usually more than willing to try and find a supplier for it.

And sort of going off-topic for a second here, but the Ottawa area's local homebrewing club, MoB (Members of Barleyment), is supposedly one of the best in the country and should be able to provide you with some great local info and resources. Heck, I even personally got in on one of their group buys a while back when I bought my Barley Crusher. The link the above poster provided is actually their website, and I HIGHLY encourage joining, for all sorts of reasons.

Just getting into Homebrew myself and finding ingredients locally is tuff! Mail Order it is.

I tried ordering some stuff from Northern Brewers in the states, and they don't even ship to Canada, maybe it's time they got with the times! :)

Happy Brewing!

Just getting into Homebrew myself and finding ingredients locally is tuff! Mail Order it is.

I tried ordering some stuff from Northern Brewers in the states, and they don't even ship to Canada, maybe it's time they got with the times! :)

Happy Brewing!

Wait till you switch to AG then sourcing bulk malt from local malsters will be peice of cake. I purchased 200 lbs of malt from Didsbury malting plant for $100. That's about 20 - 5 gal batches of beer :)

Yes, I have come to the conclusion in Alberta if you want to homebrew you pretty much have to go AG. Finding Extracts that are unhopped is painful, and DME is expensive!!!

Back