Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing fancy but it works fantastic...

IMG_20150418_194529-L.jpg

Get's the job done.

What do you think of those new varieties from Great Lakes that I see in there?

I bought the 12 pack a couple weeks ago. I like the Kolsch and the American Ale but the Holy Moses I've never cared for. Also that Belgian is no good either. Those are 2 types of beers that I would just rather not even drink. Of course if someone likes that style they may be good. I just don't.

What do you think of those new varieties from Great Lakes that I see in there?

I bought the 12 pack a couple weeks ago. I like the Kolsch and the American Ale but the Holy Moses I've never cared for. Also that Belgian is no good either. Those are 2 types of beers that I would just rather not even drink. Of course if someone likes that style they may be good. I just don't.
Don't care for the belgian too much. Loved the kolsch and session ipa, and i just finished the holy moses. it's a nice spring sample but nothing to go crazy over.

Don't care for the belgian too much. Loved the kolsch and session ipa, and i just finished the holy moses. it's a nice spring sample but nothing to go crazy over.

I didn't get a session IPA. There was just the kolsch, american ale, holy moses and the belgian.

My kegerator is almost done, just have to build some tap handles and put a chalk board and temp meter on the door.

20150422_180423.jpg

20150422_185329.jpg

20150422_192714.jpg

20150422_193321.jpg

This is in my garage.

From left to right: ESB on Nitro, Simcoe IPA, Barrel-aged Saison (kegging this week), Robust Porter, Sour Saison with all-OEC dregs.
View attachment 273337
View attachment 273338

Micromatic Stainless stout faucet and stainless Perlick 630s. Stainless shanks and tailpieces, as well. I am mounting a stainless drip tray for the beers on CO2 in the next week or two.

Cool... Did you make those door handles & trim? That's awesome...

With that many taps, I'd feel like I was put in a round room and told to go sit in the corner...

Cool... Did you make those door handles & trim? That's awesome...

With that many taps, I'd feel like I was put in a round room and told to go sit in the corner...

Yes, I did. I built the entire fridge from scratch from the plastic to the paint...

For science.

I just finished mine.

The build itself wasn't much. Just added wheels to it. Added a stainless steel plate onto of it and drilled a hole for the tower.

The tower is a snake tower from Krome. I have 2x Perlick 650ss and the drip tray is also from Krome.

FlokasonKegerator.jpg

I just finished mine.

The build itself wasn't much. Just added wheels to it. Added a stainless steel plate onto of it and drilled a hole for the tower.

The tower is a snake tower from Krome. I have 2x Perlick 650ss and the drip tray is also from Krome.

Looks great! What brand/model fridge you use? Did it have a hump and freezer compartment?

It's a fridge from ikea, it does not have a freezer compartment. It has the compressor hump like all other fridges. I can fit two kegs in there and a 5 lbs co2 bottle on the hump

My build. 3 tap Keezer using a 5.1cf Danby freezer. 2x5g and 1x2.5g.
I also did the glass cabinet. The bottom part is holding the 13lbs CO2 bottle.

Those are fantastic! That is one of the nicest I've seen. Very well done!

Do you recommend those plugs on the ends of the taps when not in use?

Those plugs are also little brushes to clean the taps with. Not necessarily these types of plugs, but, if you have cats, any plug is a must.

Those plugs are also little brushes to clean the taps with. Not necessarily these types of plugs, but, if you have cats, any plug is a must.

Indeed I have cats...4 of them! I didn't think they were interested in the beer though?

Those are fantastic! That is one of the nicest I've seen. Very well done!

Do you recommend those plugs on the ends of the taps when not in use?
Thank you!

I do not have a cat. The reason why I use them is for fruit flies. They get really bad in the summer here. There's no need for it in the winter, unless you have cats that is!

A cheaper alternative to those plug are these: http://www.homebrewstuff.com/draft-faucet-cap.html

The downside is that the beer will drip inside it and it will get sticky and you'll have to clean the SS faucet every time you take them off.

Actually, the up-side to the faucet cap is with the tight seal the beer doesn't dry out and become sticky. Otoh, faucet brushes don't actually seal, the plastic base just butts up against the edge of the spout, so air will get in. Then you have a bristley thing soaked in beer that dries out. Nasty...

Cheers!

Well you aren't drinking enough beer fast enough apparently. I clean my brushes with hot water every time I take them out. Because of all the cat hair.

I bought an old kegerator off of craigslist for $100. It came with a full tank, empty keg and lots of grime and dirt. I starting making it over today.

Actually, the up-side to the faucet cap is with the tight seal the beer doesn't dry out and become sticky. Otoh, faucet brushes don't actually seal, the plastic base just butts up against the edge of the spout, so air will get in. Then you have a bristley thing soaked in beer that dries out. Nasty...

Cheers!

Even with a tight seal it would dry up and get gummy. That's why I went for the brushes. They're both good in the end.

I bought an old kegerator off of craigslist for $100. It came with a full tank, empty keg and lots of grime and dirt. I starting making it over today.

You man, got a good deal as long as the fridge works well. Elbow greaseand a little time might all she need.

What type keg? 5/15/30?

You man, got a good deal as long as the fridge works well. Elbow greaseand a little time might all she need.

What type keg? 5/15/30? (Gallons)

Thats why those bastards are locked out of the room where my kezzer is just in case untill i figure out how to stop/prevent them from opening the tap.

LOL...

Flow control faucets are another option. I can turn the flow control all the way down and open the tap. It will drip some from time to time but would prevent a disaster of accidental bump and free flowing beer...

Mine like to scratch their faces on anything that sticks out of anything else. I have to unscrew my tap handles when not in use.

You guys have me freaking out now. We just got a cat a few weeks ago. No issues with her and my kegerator. So far...

I haven't had any hair on my taps and we have 4 cats. I did just purchase the plug brushes though. The fruit flies have found there way in many of my airlocks and glasses of beers. I'd rather not have them festering in my taps.

I picked up an old Beverage Air in excellent condition. I took a 3 " single tap tower, drilled it out to make it a 3 tap tower, and put it on in place of the 2 1/2" single tower. Not a real beauty, but it works great!

20150401_220551.jpg

Latest posts

Back