Brooklyn Blast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
I attended the Belgian Beer Festival this past Saturday (in Boston) and there was one real standout - a beer called Blast! by Brooklyn Brewing. Now, I don't consider myself a hophead but this beer was absolutely excellent. I did have a jaw-dropping variety of hops (Cascade, Willamette, Pallisade, Kent Golding, Challenger, Fuggles, Northdown and Ahtanum to be exact!) but it was masterfully balanced (well, balanced enough) by the Maris Otter and Pilsner malts. I believe it clocked in over 8% ABV.

The Brooklyn guy said it was only distributed to certain bars in kegs, it was not bottled. He thought that I'd have a hard time finding it so I probably ended up "sampling" 4-5 just to be able to commit it to memory.

If any of you find this on tap at a better bar near you, I would highly suggest giving it a try. For a super-hopped beer, this has a lot a definition and depth of taste. Easily the best beer at the entire festival.....although I don't exactly consider it a Belgian!!!

Back