Kegging BMC for a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
Unfortunately i have no tasty homebrew prepared for my mates party this weekend but i was considering filling a corny with about 40 cans of some basic lager just for the fun of it.

Can this be done easily or will my corny overflow with foam as i open each can and pour into the corny? The keg would be purged with co2 of course and drank within a few days.

Try it, I' curious. Just pour carefully, you may lose carbonation and need to force a bit of co2 back into the beer before serving. I would fill the keg a day before the party and sample to check carbonation...this way if it is a little flat, you can force some co2 into it overnight.

I have done this with bottled homebrew and it worked pretty decently. You will lose carbonation though so do it a few days in advance and put it on pressure to make sure its not flat.

I pulled off a similar trick when I was making Rum and Coke on tap for a party. Get the beer good and cold before you pour and you should be fine, just be sure to pour down the side of the keg and not straight down into the middle.

Would a commercial keg not be cheaper, easier, and likely taste better than re-kegged canned beer? Unless you don't have a commercial coupler...

If you need a commercial coupler for cheap check out this thread, $16 shipped:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/craigslist-score-unknown-part-163118/index4.html#post1891287

I pulled off a similar trick when I was making Rum and Coke on tap for a party. Get the beer good and cold before you pour and you should be fine, just be sure to pour down the side of the keg and not straight down into the middle.

If you need a commercial coupler for cheap check out this thread, $16 shipped:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/craigslist-score-unknown-part-163118/index4.html#post1891287

How did your Run and Coke on Tap turn out for the party?

For the rum and coke I can understand ...

But for BMC? This sounds like a lot of work for little payoff. How about an ice chest with cans/bottles on ice .... classic and low effort. Plus, the transfer to a corny can only make the end product worse, not better. I'm just saying ....

-BigCask

Sorry to beat a dead horse ... another point: You'll be asked repeatedly "Is that your homebrew?". You'll say, "no I spent two hours kegging 40 cans of miller light." They'll say "Oh. Hmm....Why?"

-BigCask

Back