Grand Opening of our NEW Home Brew Supply Shop! -- Kegconnection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

***Note posting below this one. We could use your feedback on our home brew supplies section!

Hey guys!

We are super proud to announce the GRAND OPENING of our brand new Home Brew Supply Shop here in Comanche, Texas!

Not only are we opening a local retail shop, but we'll be able to supply all of our online customers with new inventory including ingredient kits, brewing equipment, brewing accessories and more!

To celebrate, we've got a lot of great deals going on via our website and local shop (if you happen to be near Comanche) that are good while supplies last.

We want to thank you guys here at HBT for all your support over the years. Truly, we wouldn't be the company we are without you guys and we're sincerely grateful.

cheers,

joshua

(click the banner, or HERE, to be redirected to the website)

Help! This is Todd, the owner of Kegconnection. We now have our home brew supplies listed with many on sale, but I could use some advice from Home brew talk members. If you have suggestions on what we are carrying in the home brew supply section of our website I would love to hear from you. Are we missing anything? Is our mix of all grain malts, DME, LME, Yeast and hops sufficient? We are really trying to make this a top notch section of our site for all of our customers. Any feedback in appreciated.
Thanks!
Todd

I'm looking around and first thing I notice was that I don't get why you divide fermentation vessels from carboys. They are in fact the same, no? I went to Brewing Equipment to see if you carried the Big Mouth Bubblers then to Fermentation/Kettle (should read Kettles) and of course there were no carboys, glass or plastic. They were separated. I suppose either way makes sense, but I just wondered.

So far I think prices are pretty much in line with others because you do offer flat rate shipping on things that others do not but I priced something like a 6.5 gallon glass carboy between you and Northern Brewer and yours is $53.90 whereas theirs is $47.98. For me, you get my business because of how much hand holding you did during my keg start up, but it is something to keep in mind if you're able to align pricing.

Also, naming of things seems weird but I am a newer brewer so maybe it is me but Caramel/Crystal seems to be named 2-row crystal depending upon the lovibond and other times it's just caramel or crystal. Makes it hard to find things without doing a search, which is how I checked to see what you carried.

Chocolate was the same, it is 2-row chocolate for pale and dark chocolate for darker. Is this just really how grain is or is it a weird naming scheme? My LHBS calls it pale or dark chocolate, I've never seen it called 2-row.

Otherwise, if I ever have to buy online, which I do from time to time, I would buy from you. Can you get Belma hops by chance? :)

Thank you for your great evaluation and feedback! I have this printed out and I am going to look at each suggestion. On the price difference on the Carboys I think the big difference there is shipping. Our flat rate shipping currently applies to everything, so if you put this carboy in our cart and put it in the other sites cart and have the system add shipping you will probably find that ours is less with shipping (possibly depending on where you live).

The grains are very hard to name. We used the name from the manufacture (Briess in most cases), but we have found that the two largest distributors have send different types of the same grain. One primarily sells 6 row specially grains where as the other sells two row. The taste difference may not really be that pronounced in a specialty grain, but we were trying to label them by the type (two row or 6 row). I will definitely look at these again and make some changes in the wording or naming. I should have them uniform and take the "row" part out of the name and just leave it in the description.

Again...These suggestions are very helpful and I will start making some changes today based on these. I would appreciate additional suggestions or comments from other Home Brew Talk members. Thanks!!!

I'm looking around and first thing I notice was that I don't get why you divide fermentation vessels from carboys. They are in fact the same, no? I went to Brewing Equipment to see if you carried the Big Mouth Bubblers then to Fermentation/Kettle (should read Kettles) and of course there were no carboys, glass or plastic. They were separated. I suppose either way makes sense, but I just wondered.

So far I think prices are pretty much in line with others because you do offer flat rate shipping on things that others do not but I priced something like a 6.5 gallon glass carboy between you and Northern Brewer and yours is $53.90 whereas theirs is $47.98. For me, you get my business because of how much hand holding you did during my keg start up, but it is something to keep in mind if you're able to align pricing.

Also, naming of things seems weird but I am a newer brewer so maybe it is me but Caramel/Crystal seems to be named 2-row crystal depending upon the lovibond and other times it's just caramel or crystal. Makes it hard to find things without doing a search, which is how I checked to see what you carried.

Chocolate was the same, it is 2-row chocolate for pale and dark chocolate for darker. Is this just really how grain is or is it a weird naming scheme? My LHBS calls it pale or dark chocolate, I've never seen it called 2-row.

Otherwise, if I ever have to buy online, which I do from time to time, I would buy from you. Can you get Belma hops by chance? :)

You've got a hop hiding at the end of the whole grain section.
I'm going to have to get me some of that cherrywood smoked malt. Sounds interesting.
The only thing I'd like to see is metal options for a spoon/paddle but that is a personal preference.

The only other thing I see that is odd is the brewing equipment is a list while the other links/menus are picture sections.

Thanks for your feedback. I say the hiding hop, we will fix that, thanks for pointing it out! I will try to add some metal options on the spoon/paddle as well.
Thanks!
Todd

You've got a hop hiding at the end of the whole grain section.
I'm going to have to get me some of that cherrywood smoked malt. Sounds interesting.
The only thing I'd like to see is metal options for a spoon/paddle but that is a personal preference.

The only other thing I see that is odd is the brewing equipment is a list while the other links/menus are picture sections.

Latest posts

Back