Tap-A-Draft Won't Pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corman2005

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a tap-a-draft system and have been using it for over a year. Today, i tapped an ipa and the keg has plenty of pressure, but will not pour. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Corman

This sounds like the same problem I've experienced with my Coors Light home draft kit. The part of the dispensing tube that goes through the handle is silicon. After a while of not being used and the faucet being closed, the tube will stick to itself. Given time it will open. I've also run some warm water from the outlet to help loosen it up.

With your situation I think I'd open it with the outlet over a glass in the sink.

I have since learned to store the faucet open with a baggie sealed over it to keep it clean.

Thanks for the advice. When i am not using the tap, i usually pull the tube apart from the tap itself. I would take the faucet off the keg to make sure it isn't blocked, but i am waiting on my co2 cartridges in the mail, so this may need to wait a couple days

Back