Mini kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arienjaynes21

Reaction score
I want to have more types of beer available at any given time so I'm thinking of mini kegs or something along those lines I have no problem drinking 5 litres of beer in a day or 2

I've used them in the past. You can have mine lol. You can bottle condition in them but it's difficult to keep the taste right because the ones I've used rust a little. Not sure if that was the cause or not but I switched to half gallon glass bottles for this reason. If you're talking force carbing, why not just go full 5 gallon.

Well I would be naturally carbing in them if I do get them I have 2 corny kegs right now but want to have a variety, I've seen pressure barrel or boxes online forsale in the uk but nowhere in Canada

I'm a small batch brewer. My keg is a 1-1/2 gallon Cannonball from NB and it suits my needs perfectly.

26615235565_a40c675fe7_z.jpg

I can put it in a 5 gallon pail with ice and have a party keg.

That's not a bad idea at all could eventually build a keezer and have 4 of those little guys with 2 kinds of beer on the 4 taps along with the cornys, long story short I'm just starting to get my set up going and I'm trying to figure out how to do it right the first time

You might look at the MoreBeer torpedo kegs. They have 1.5 and 2.5 gallon versions, and they stack with the QD's connected.

There are all ball-lock, but there are two versions, a shorter, squattier version (like a pinlock corny keg) and a taller, skinnier version (like a ball-lock corny keg).

I have a couple of the squattier ones (5-gal), one of the shorter skinnier ones (5-gal) and a 1.5-gal squatty one. If I buy new kegs in the future, and I may do that, it'll be torpedo kegs. Light, no rubber to get dirty or scuff things up...

https://www.morebeer.com/search?search=torpedo

Back