Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome surprise!! i got a knock on my door and low and behold a really hot looking fedex Woman was smiling at me with an even better package in her hands!!
sompls 1.jpg

Thank You sompls.. this came at an excellent time. i just lost my last 2 colonies of bees yesterday, this winter was real hard on my girls.
thanks again!
sompls 2.jpg

You bet! Picked all local ones so hopefully you haven't tried them...and a thumbs up to finsfan for getting me started.
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

He hasn't responded to my messages but I know he has seen them. He had a family issue so I don't expect him to post on here for a bit

One week down, no word. You ever go pick up the box? At least it's warming up a bit now...

One week down, no word. You ever go pick up the box? At least it's warming up a bit now...

He was my homebrew swap partner. He said awhile ago there was some family stuff going on and he'd be delayed. I said it was no problem, but I haven't heard from him since.

I think that it did work out OK though I have not heard anything from him either. Didn't get a chance to make it to his house but the temps here have been above freezing except for the first week it sat in his porch.

Kinda been slow in here lately (at least slower then it should be :D). I still have plenty of worthy BIF recipients if anyone wants to get in on the action! PM me for details :mug:

Mark we are already all apart of the best league out there! The League of extraordinary gentlemen (and women), who brew and drink fantastic beer. Its kinda long and not catchy, buy it works :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394664069.640313.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1394664136.199008.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1394664198.642277.jpg

Was excited to find this under my carport , a huge thanks you goes out to Christopher. I received a good haul and am excited to try the spoils . The generosity of the brewers on this forum is tremendous , that's why I have agreed to ship out another package myself. Christopher , thanks again

Jeremy

And not to forget finsfan for orchestrating this.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Hope you enjoy Jeremy! And yes, props to finsfan...I'll say it again...this is a great group of people and I really enjoy being a part of things. I don't post a whole lot...but boy oh boy have I read and read a lot...and learned a lot!
p.s. Had to send the packer coolie...because you know...inside everybody is a Packer fan trying to get out! Go Pack Go!

I will be getting back in on this in a few weeks. Wrapping up a bunch of trades and then should be able to send something out. I'll post when I'm looking for a recipient.

I will be boxing my next one up tonight an shipping out Monday. I really enjoying this activity ...

So, yesterday I got a message from Finsfan telling me to be on porch patrol. I was a bit confused because I have no pending trades or swaps besides the sour swap. Well I was shocked and stoked to see a BIF package. Thanks to whoever submitted my name to the BIF. That was awesome of you to do so. A big thank you to Steve (kcmobrewer) for sharing some of his hometown Missouri brews and brews from where he now lives in Maryland. Along with the amazing sounding homebrews. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394985168.619996.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1394985179.717004.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1394985190.015464.jpg

Schlafy Aipa
Evolution lot No 6 double ipa
DuClaw sweet baby Jesus
Tallgrass buffalo sweat oatmeal cream stout

HB
Chocolate peanut butter mill stout! Which I can't wait to try.
Citra single hop triple IPA @ 11%abv.

Finsfan send me an address I want to BIF.

Hope you like them :)

Solid. Now how about telling us (me) about the PB milk stout? :D I haven't tried any Sweet Baby Jesus yet but I have some on hand. How does it compare to that?

I may be a little biased but I like the Choc PB milk stout better honestly. I'm not a huge fan or porters to begin with, just a little too much dry bitterness from the malt for me. However, I do love SBJ.

The milk stout tastes more like a PB cup or a buckeye to me, I like it sweeter with the chocolate PB. Makes for a very tasty desert beer! :)

I think the FG of that one usually comes out to 1.028 or so, so it's pretty sweet. Plus it has PB2, cocoa powder, and cocoa nibs in the secondary. All in all, very delicious in my opinion.

I have another amazing members address who really deserves a BIF after what he did today. PM me if youd like to get in on this! :mug:

Package is heading out west, should arrive by weeks end

Should be there Thursday, and getting another one ready to go farther west........

Yeah I can share it, I dont mind. The recipe is still a work in progress, but it has turned out well for me a few times. Beersmith predicts the FG of .016 but it always has ended up higher for me, so I just don't trust the software.

During the secondary I add everything at the same time, usually swirl it every few days to get everything in contact with the ingredients. Tastes good at 1 month, tastes great at like 3-4. After around 8 I notice the PB flavor starts fading.

Reese's PB Stout
Sweet Stout (13 B)
Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 6.00 gal
Boil Time: 60 min
Fermentation: around 64-68F
Est Mash Efficiency: 70.0 %

Ingredients
Amt Name
11 lbs 4.0 oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter
1 lbs 8.0 oz Chocolate Malt
8.0 oz Roasted Barley
1 lbs Milk Sugar (Lactose)
1.75 oz Fuggles [3.80 %] - Boil 60.0 min
0.75 oz Fuggles [3.80 %] - Boil 30.0 min
1.00 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 mins)
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 5.0 mins)
1.0 pkg Irish Ale (Wyeast Labs #1084) [124.21 ml]
5.00 oz Cacao Nibs (Secondary 7.0 days)
19.50 oz Powdered PB (Secondary 7.0 days)
5.00 oz Cacao Powder (Secondary 7.0 days)

Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color
Est Original Gravity: 1.062 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.016 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 6.1 %
Bitterness: 27.6 IBUs
Est Color: 39.4 SRM

Mash In @ 156.0 F 60 min

"Nil Sine Numine"

If this is significant to your state, be looking for a package today

UPDATE: The eagle has landed, sorry for the typo on the last name. My keyboard is dyslexic sometimes...

Latest posts

Back