What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summit Saga at the Horse Races earlier...Didn't win any money, but a good way to spend a Sunday.

Shakopee-20130602-00426.jpg

A friend's HB'd northern brewer hopburst IPA. It's more like a hoppy imperial brown, but still tasty.

ForumRunner_20130602_192954.jpg

MrNic said:
A friend's HB'd northern brewer hopburst IPA. It's more like a hoppy imperial brown, but still tasty.

Huh, he must have boiled the hell out of his extract, burned it, or changed something. When I was an extract brewer I brewed that one a couple times, and it always came in at copper.

Got this from my trade with xMalachi. Not a big fan of the style, honestly, but for what it is it's a pretty good beer. Malty, biscuty, somewhat fruity. Finishes semi-sweet. Good beer.

20130602_212500.jpg

Huh, he must have boiled the hell out of his extract, burned it, or changed something. When I was an extract brewer I brewed that one a couple times, and it always came in at copper.

Yeah, I don't know what exactly he did, but it's still tasty.

Now I'm drinking his imperial saison. It was brewed with 3 lbs of orange blossom honey and it's so delicious.

ForumRunner_20130602_194652.jpg

image-3117981929.jpg

Golden Ale marinated ribs, garlic IIPA mashed potatoes, wasabi and green onion slaw and some more Port Anniversary Ale. Winning combo

Well posted in the wrong thread earlier so here goes second shot at it lol it was a pretty tasty beer as it warmed up and started to get a lil hop nose but I don't see how it's really a ipa guess its the farmhouse style my first one so not much to go off of lol

image-3731103819.jpg

Well posted in the wrong thread earlier so here goes second shot at it lol it was a pretty tasty beer as it warmed up and started to get a lil hop nose but I don't see how it's really a ipa guess its the farmhouse style my first one so not much to go off of lol

Had the moo thunder from them and it wasnt terrible but not outstanding. Been meaning to try more of their stuff

xMalachi said:
Ditched work for this and this. Schlafly Bourbon Aged Raspberry Imperial Stout. Incredible!!

Awesome! Personally I would have taken off the Friday, but to each his own ;)

bottlebomber said:
Awesome! Personally I would have taken off the Friday, but to each his own ;)

After the day I had yesterday, I had to take today. Having a Flanders Red now!

image-1184711195.jpg

Quay Street Brewery IPA. Not the best microbrew beers but I love the place and stop in whenever work brings me near. Sitting here in a quiet environment watching boats move around the local marina.

London Fields Brewery- shoreditch triangle IPA. Not bad, could have more carbonation and aroma though.

xMalachi said:
Expect to see me drinking more of both that I had earlier ;)

Expect me to be jealous! ;)
That stout sounded amazing. I would've skipped work just for that!

WesleyS said:

Growlers of it weren't cheap! What happened is they had some Imperial Stout that wasn't up to par so they bourbon aged it and are doing various additions. Once the Raspberry is gone, they've got Vanilla, Coffee, and Cocoa Nibs. You can read about it here. http://schlafly.com/blog/2013/05/11/making-lemonade-out-of-lemons/

So my fiancee sends me to go get a oil change for the car and I do. Text her on the way back to see if she needs anything, she just says yes come pick me up. Long story short, apparently she has planned a surprise overnight trip to Grand Rapids. On the way to Brewery Vivant now!!!! Probably Founders later! Its gonna be a good day tater....

WesleyS said:

Growlers of it weren't cheap! What happened is they had some Imperial Stout that wasn't up to par so they bourbon aged it and are doing various additions. Once the Raspberry is gone, they've got Vanilla, Coffee, and Cocoa Nibs. You can read about it here. http://schlafly.com/blog/2013/05/11/making-lemonade-out-of-lemons/

Back