Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm the king of low-tech... I use MS Powerpoint for the text and alignment.

The layout is pretty basic, a number of boxes for the texts and the image, and then some white lines to delimit them: my labels are 9.4cm x 9cm, so I can get 12 labels on a sheet of A3. Once I've got a visual I just need to size it to 7.4cm x 7cm... then I pull the dominant colour for the label from the picture as the fill colour for all the boxes. Feel free to steal the layout from me. :)

View attachment 606555
Thanks, that's really helpful! If you are willing to share the actual ppt template, that would be awesome :)

Crude.jpg
Stinger 1.jpg
Couple I've been tinkering with.

[QUOTE="KathrynArielle, post: 8479590, member: 26
42983442_2346570182098301_4676509861041668096_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I really like that look! I assume that’s a wax seal at the bottom of the tag? How do you get it so uniform?? I’ve done a little with wax, and uniform would NOT have been a word to describe my work! Welcome to forum BTW!

I really like that look! I assume that’s a wax seal at the bottom of the tag? How do you get it so uniform?? I’ve done a little with wax, and uniform would NOT have been a word to describe my work! Welcome to forum BTW!
It is wax, and a different type than the bottle sealing wax. I actually use wax sticks made for low temp glue guns! I make them flat, and while they're still warm, shape them to the bottle (so the wax doesn't run down the sides), and apply them with dry epoxy dots. Also, thanks for the welcome!

WOW those bottles are gorgeous.
Thanks! They're 375mL frosted hock bottles.

It is wax, and a different type than the bottle sealing wax. I actually use wax sticks made for low temp glue guns! I make them flat, and while they're still warm, shape them to the bottle (so the wax doesn't run down the sides), and apply them with dry epoxy dots. Also, thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I meant the whole setup. With wax and the really coozy label. Just very pretty. I might have to steal the idea for gifts.

The pics dont show up for me[emoji26]

Yeah I meant the whole setup. With wax and the really coozy label. Just very pretty. I might have to steal the idea for gifts.
Aww, thanks! They match my small business branding. I'm a graphic and packaging designer originally, so it was fun using those skills to make something visually pleasing for my meads.

The pics dont show up for me[emoji26]
Hmm...maybe https://www.instagram.com/p/BoiNuaKhxzN/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Back