Saving My Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinstan

Reaction score
So I have ventured into making beer but so far I am doing it the shortcut way. I have been making beer using EZ-Caps so I am making two 2 liters at a time (1 gal). I am happy with the results but I want to know how to save my beer when its finished. Right now, I have to drink the whole 2 liter once I open it or I loose all my carbonation. It's the same as opening a single beer. It's not going to keep its carbonation forever. I want to be able to bottle this to save some for later but I need some help. I'm not sure where to start. I have a capper and caps / bottles but just opening the finished 2 liter and going to bottles I loose carbonation. Should I use carb tabs in the bottles ? Or is there a better way to do this ? I don't want to keg it, just put it straight in bottles. Please help.

I doubt there is a good answer to this batch. Transfering it your risking oxidation and infection. I just get ready for the next batch and get a capper and some bottles. You could always save the 2 liters for partys and give aways. best of luck.

Back