Swing Top Bottle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammytag

Reaction score
Hey hey!

I've got my hands on some sweet 1 quart swing-top bottles, but it doesn't look like the gaskets can be replaced on them. The bottle itself is custom made for the Howe Sound brewery, and the gasket looks like it's engineered to fit into the crevices of the bottle mouth. I figure I'll need new gaskets eventually, so, any ideas on how I might solve my problem?

Hmmm I can't picture what you are describing. The 1 liter swing top bottles I use have round gaskets on the ceramic part, that you can peel off and replace. Maybe others will know what you are describing, or perhaps you could post a picture or link.

The gaskets probably look that way from use. I use swing-top bottles and after only a few uses, they look grooved for the bottle mouth. Regular rubber gaskets should work great.

Is it one where the gasket doesn't have a hole in, and instead covers off the whole beer facing end of the ceramic top? If so I bet if you take it off it will be a standard top underneath. I had one given to me like that, just a different design of gasket.

Thanks for the input everyone!

But, ****. I just realized that the bottles can be capped normally with a crown cap.

Cheers!

Back