Has anyone bought a controller from electricbiab.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it needs to be that complicated. You can set the boil temp set point on the fly. So in my case I normally run around 212 for a pretty good roiling boil. If it appears a bit too aggressive, I back it off to 211 or 210 and the controller/element adjusts appropriately. In manual mode on the heater, using the up/down arrows on the touch screen adjusts the power %, and performs the same effect as turning a dimmer knob up and down.
honestly I find this seems to work as well as my manual mode...I sometimes do this as well.

I need these two people to corlaborate

https://www.highgravitybrew.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3858

&

http://electricbiab.com/Buy_Now_.php

I am trying to build a two vessel Brutus system - Brutus 2.5
Two vesels, one pump, one heating element.
Mash tun
HLT/Bk

Any chance that would happen ?!
I love the menu driven idea !

S

The best way for that to work would be for the picoBrew to have editable steps. Then you could add a pump step that would do the transfer/recirculation between the two vessels. You would still need to manually move the temp probe though, because it only has one temp input. Other than that, I believe everything you would need is already in the picoBrew. For now you could manually operate the pump on/off as needed and move the probe between the pots.

The best way for that to work would be for the picoBrew to have editable steps. Then you could add a pump step that would do the transfer/recirculation between the two vessels. You would still need to manually move the temp probe though, because it only has one temp input. Other than that, I believe everything you would need is already in the picoBrew. For now you could manually operate the pump on/off as needed and move the probe between the pots.

Yes

YES

A Thousand Times Yes !

Hurry up and TAKE MY MONEY !!

I have made 1 10 gallon batch with this and the support is awesome. I asked questions while making my beer and the emails were answered very quickly.

Now, I need to get a ventilation system in place before fogging out my basement again!

Anyone know if this is something the developer maybe considering?

Email him and ask him and I am sure he will give you an answer either way. I know he has made other updates suggested by his customers via firmware updates so its always possible.

finally did a test run w/ just water and i love how fast it heats up. its easier to use w/ a laptop. i think the sensor is too sort and im going to extend it a bit more. i have the sensor in a compression fitting directly into the pot and have the output hose recirculating directly to the sensor and it reads under 10f under my CDX thermometer. im going to test the thermometer in some hot water in a seperate cup and compare again. hopefully is the compression fitting.

I emailed the developer about the possibility of changing the menu of his system for use on a two vessel system with one pump. We exchanged several emails and he was willing to work with me and develop it. We exchanged several more emails and he developed a step list. The step list ended up being rather specific to a cooler MLT, combination BK/HLT and batch sparge. I expressed that more generic steps would appeal to more brewers (as others, I think you are getting a lot with his system for the price).

After some more discussion he decided to work on developing firmware that allows customizable steps. I think this is great news and I'm looking forward to seeing what he develops and testing it out.

During the whole time he has been very willing to listen to my suggestions and answer my questions, which to me says a lot.

I bought a diy still dragon controller and I'm going to hook it up to the element side of the picobrew. This will give the option to controlled my boil manually. Just toying around with ideas

I just got my system in the mail...any idea how I can add a gfci to this system. Was planning on doing the 3 to 4 wire spa panel but the input on this system is only 3 wire so now I am not sure what to do.

I just got my system in the mail...any idea how I can add a gfci to this system. Was planning on doing the 3 to 4 wire spa panel but the input on this system is only 3 wire so now I am not sure what to do.

The picoBrew E-BIAB is a 3 wire system. You can use a 4-wire outlet, just don't hook up anything to the neutral prong on the plug. Use the two "HOT" prongs and the ground only. The neutral line is used for deriving 120 VAC from 1/2 of the 20VAC supply, which the picoBrew E-BIAB system does not require.

Contact me directly if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back