Temp Controller Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucktown1860

Reaction score
I am building a Chest to kegerator conversion and want to use one of those generic controllers that are sold on ebay. The one I'm interested in is a -58-194F unit listed as a AC 110-120V Digital Temperature Controller. Pretty Cheap, $25 w/ free shipping! Can anyone tell me if they have experience with this type. Is it crap? And more specifically can it be wired with an external power cord like the analog controller I already have or does it have to be hard wired into the appliance. I really like the clean look this type of controller gives to the collar, as opposed to the ETC 1000 digital one that just hangs there. I'm building this for myself as a Xmas/birthday present. Family is buying the parts.

I have one and love it. So cheap and easy to use. It has its own temp probe, but you gave to wire your fridge to the contact and then wire up the power source. Its so simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

ElevenBrewCo said:
I have one and love it. So cheap and easy to use. It has its own temp probe, but you gave to wire your fridge to the contact and then wire up the power source. Its so simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

So you don't have to wire it into a box like everyone else is doing. I can just splice it in the original cord

Back