Cornhole Board Builds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost sold on these things you've posted, but I probably won't be convinced unless I get to see them with actual beer in them.

colorfuldrinkholder.jpg

These are the ones we actually used at my friends place. Waist height for normal sized people. No reason to struggle with building something into the side of a cornhole board, these are cheap.

I've got the wood for everything and I'm going with a 2x4 with 1/2 ply as well. The plan is make them hinge together with the bags going inside.

After that I'm thinking about an inch from the outsides I'll use a router about an inch in to set in some rope light. At that point I'm trying to figure out how to seal that though.

What do you all think?

When I get them built (after finishing painting the house and doing half the back yard landscaping) I'll have to post pics. I'm going to paint or stain them black and then stencil on the Guinness logo. Getting the shading right will be the hard part.

"Corn hole". I think y'all mean "bean-bag toss", which is a game for small children. Much like beer pong and flip cup.

I much prefer washers, if we're going to throw **** at **** while getting ****faced. Or as properly pronounced in my native East Texas dialect, "warshers".

Or horseshoes. Commonly referred to as "horshers".

I know a championship horsher player. He's got trophies and everything.

Here's Mine...

10272745866.jpg

10272745861.jpg

10272745860.jpg

I got the decals from a local guy named "Cornhole Steve"
They're actually a full vinyl sheet that covers the whole deck.
They're translucent so the wood grain shows through them and it looks like the logos are done in stain.

Gonna get a lot of use this weekend :D

I haven't built any in a while, but these were hand painted except for logo, and used 1x4 with 1/2" blonde wood plywood for these.

I prefer boards built out of hardwood 1x3 and 3/4 plywood. I'll have to search around some old hard drives to find more pics.

I think I even made the bags for those.

DSCN1346.jpg

To those of you using 2x4s and worried about the weight, try using 1x4s instead. There will not be much strength difference (for this application anyway) on the 4 inch side. When framed out correctly and coupled with the 3/4 inch ply you should be able to jump on it without breaking and the weight is considerably less than a 2x4.

I've built quite a few with 1x3's and never had any problems either. I prefer hardwood instead of pine but both are quite sturdy.

Another plus of 3/4 lumber is it doesn't warp as easily as 2x4's. I've seen many of those decide to warp over time and have to shim one corner of the board to keep it from bouncing.

Also anyone building some of these don't forget to put a cross brace in the center, especially if using 1/2" plywood. It helps remove the trampoline effect.

We build ours from 1/2 plywood. We have a compact set, where the from and back have "legs" that are on hinges that allow it to stay compact when put up. The other type has the sides that taper up, and arent as suitable for travel.

Back