temperature controller question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente

Reaction score
I just got my ranco controller today in the mail wired it up, etc....I have my chest freezer ready to go but I am not building a collar right away, just picnic taps at first. My question is how should I insert the temperature bulb thing(sorry dont know the name)? Sould I just drill a small hole in the compressor hump coming from outside? Also, does it just hang in there and go by the air temp inside the freezer or do I submerse it in a cup of liquid or something like that? suggestions please, thanks.

I stick mine through the gap between the lid and freezer in the back when you open it and let it hang down. Works fine for me. Keep it away from the front and side walls though. Closing the lid on the wire won't hurt it. The gasket will form around it.

Agreed. just open the lid and put in in. I have heard of folks putting it in water, but I just let it hang. Once you get your collar on you can drill in that. I would not drill any un-needed holes in the freezer.

Back