Shipping Best Practices?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThickHead

Reaction score
I have spent the last 15 minutes searching for a thread that I thought covered some details that were focused on shipping samples. Perhaps I am suffering from short-term memory issues but I thought there was such a thread. Anyone have any Best Practice techniques that are tried and true?

A few quick big points.

1) Put the bottles in individual zip lock baggies if you can.
2) Pack them up REAL GOOD
3) USPS it is illegal, UPS and FedEX it's just against Policy. I ship them as Yeast Samples or Collectibles. Don't tell them it's beer.

It's unfortunate that plugging in the search parameters "shipping beer" doesn't get anywhere near that thread. Top search hit for that is the Tap Room. I'll be damned if I am going to search through that behemoth for shipping ideas. :mug:

Thanks again.

It's unfortunate that plugging in the search parameters "shipping beer" doesn't get anywhere near that thread. Top search hit for that is the Tap Room. I'll be damned if I am going to search through that behemoth for shipping ideas. :mug:

Thanks again.
Yeah, it's best to stay out of the TapRoom if useful information is what you desire :eek:

Back