Hello from Los Angeles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_Bigelow

Reaction score
I have attended the class, purchased the kit and now have to wait 3 weeks until I can start. As I am going on vacation soon and have to wait until I get back. I can't wait to start my first beer...

I am heading back to England for a week. Is there anything in England (hops etc) which I should get while I am there? Or is everything just as easy to find here in the USA?

You should brew before you go, that way, you're first beer doesn't seem to take as long. It will seem like an eternity...

You should brew before you go, that way, you're first beer doesn't seem to take as long. It will seem like an eternity...

Well I go away in 8 days. Does that give me enough time to ferment and transfer to secondary before I head off? Or should I leave it in primary for 2 weeks and transfer to secondary when I get back?

Brew it up now, leave it in primary until you get back, then bottle it up. No secondary needed!

Also, pick me up some Crunchie Bars and Malteasers while you're out there? :D

Latest posts

Back