Anyone ever use GOYA nectars???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phished880

Reaction score
I was in the grocery store tonight and found myself staring at the Goya nectar/juices. I found them interesting, mostly pear, has anyone used them in a cider with any success? The only ingredient i was unsure of effects durign fermentation was citric acid.

I have 2 seperate gallons of cider i'm looking to try soemthing new with possibly 1 strawberry 1 pear

thanks,
J

I've never used the Goya juices, but citric acid shouldn't be a concern - it's used to add some tartness to the drink.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I don't know why I have never thought of this. I know which labels/prices I am checking out as soon as I walk into the grocery store next time I am there.

ouch...that means $8.42 a gallon if you buy it in 12oz cans. On Goya's website it looks like they have larger containers. Gonna have to look around.

ouch...that means $8.42 a gallon if you buy it in 12oz cans. On Goya's website it looks like they have larger containers. Gonna have to look around.

Check out mexican and even asian groceries, you may find it either cheaper or in larger containers...but unless they sell it for a couple bucks a gallon it probably would be very cost prohibitive.

i thought 12oz would be good for an addition to a cider..... what do you guys think?

To how much cider?

Added to 5 gallons I doubt it would have much effect. Not sure how much you are brewing though.

they sell it in larger glass containers at the grocery stores here. The SWMBO loves drinking them straight up. They're purees. I keep thinking about throwing some apricot or mango ones in a hefe or mead. I just have no idea how much would need to be added.

Back