Carbonating Cider, Will This Work Or Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1407

Reaction score
I have just pressed adn fermented my cider. It is in the second fermentation
It will be very dy and i want it sweeter and carbonated.
I have considered the following ways: Are they right, will they work???

1)
Clear the cider, camden tablet, sweeten with sugar, and carbonate by putting into a pressure barrel with C02, then putting it into glas bottles

2)
Clear cider, sweeten with non fermentable sugar, then adding sugar as i put it into the glass.

Will these work??
If so what is the best way to do it and how much???

cheers

I cold crash to stop the ferment before all the apple sugar gets fermented out. That will give you the most apple taste. Then force carbonate in a corny keg. You can pour bottles from that. More info is in the sticky

I cold crash to stop the ferment before all the apple sugar gets fermented out. That will give you the most apple taste. Then force carbonate in a corny keg. You can pour bottles from that. More info is in the sticky

As long as it is never warmed up this should work. Fermentation will continue if it is warmed though.

If you do the cold crash right, you dont have problems with it warming. I have been doing this for years. Right now I have 5 kegs and about 20 liter bottles that I saved from last season at room temp with no problems.

You can use a non fermentable wine conditioner to sweeten in a bit and then prime as usual. It worked on the last batch I made.

Back