Question on fruit flavoring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a AHS blonde that I am almost ready to keg. Well I am turning it into a strawberry blonde so i ordered 2 2oz bottles of strawberry extract as well. The Austin site says to add 2oz for five gallons or 4oz for a more aggressive taste. I really want a nice strawberry flavor, kind of like a Petes. Has anyone any suggestions or experience with their strawberry flavoring? My gut is to just dump both in but I don't wanna over do it.

TIA,

M

Since you are kegging it I'd dump in one bottle make sure it is well mixed and carb it up and give it a try, then you can always add more, but you can't take any away...

Since you are kegging it I'd dump in one bottle make sure it is well mixed and carb it up and give it a try, then you can always add more, but you can't take any away...

Hmmm... Genius! Lol one would have thought I might come to this conclusion on my own. Oh well, thank you for your suggestion!

Back