Serving beer ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHoss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My niece is getting married in June and I'd like to brew some beer for it. My problem is I'm not set up for kegging. I'd prefer not to do bottles because I wouldn't want people to worry about the bottom dwelling stuff getting into their glass(or mouth). Any ideas? Do I have the bartender just use glasses and make sure and not pour the last bit? Although I may end up being the bar tender which would make that less of an issue. Do I go the growler route?
Input appreciated.

How much are you planning to serve?

This could be an excellent excuse to get into kegging. You can get a two keg starter set for about $200, or put one together for a little less.

ETA: Or, brew some Hefe. The "bottom dwelling stuff" is part of the taste!

How much are you planning to serve?

This could be an excellent excuse to get into kegging. You can get a two keg starter set for about $200, or put one together for a little less.

ETA: Or, brew some Hefe. The "bottom dwelling stuff" is part of the taste!

Not sure yet how much I need to brew. My concern with kegging is the easy access to beer. :D

Well, as long as you have a bottle opener then bottles are just as accessable. :D

I think you probably already know about the advantages of kegging. If you're not into that then I'd get me a real bartender that knows how to pour a beer. :mug:

Not sure yet how much I need to brew. My concern with kegging is the easy access to beer.

I brewed 5 kegs (25 gallons) for my wedding which had 60 people at the reception. I had about 5 gallons left over (between the last 2 kegs) at the end of the night.

Definitely go with kegging to serve at a function like that. It won't cost you all that much to have cornies in buckets of icewater, pushed with a CO2 tank using plastic cobra taps.

Make sure you check to make sure you are legally allowed to serve a home made alcoholic beverage wherever the wedding is being held.

I was planning on doing this for my own wedding last may but they would not allow it.

Make sure you check to make sure you are legally allowed to serve a home made alcoholic beverage wherever the wedding is being held.

I was planning on doing this for my own wedding last may but they would not allow it.

Got that covered. It's at my brothers winery. :)

Sounds stressful. I tried to make beer to serve at my birthday and finally came to the reality that beer is done on its schedule, and not mine. Of course, not procrastinating could help that.

Back