Dales Pale Ale........new river beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BleedsDogFish

Reaction score
I have always heard good things about Dales, but I have never seen it anywhere I shop. Today I found it at my local HEB. For those of you in TX you know what that is. Anyway, I live in San Antonio and as you know we like to float down the river and drink beer(Cans Only). Usually I break out the fosters oil cans or shiner cans for the river, only becuase bottles aren't allowed and can selection is limited. But I am very surprised at this beer.....It's awesome.

Do they only can this stuff or can you get it in the bottle?

I saw at it at the one near me in the Houston area but heard it was not that good. But I might give it a try if you say it is good. Caldera has an IPA and a APA that got better reviews on beeradvocate.com, and it is in cans. You have to order it online but it is reasonably priced.http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/These guys carry it. I also heard that New Belgium was going to start canning some of there beers.

I saw at it at the one near me in the Houston area but heard it was not that good. But I might give it a try if you say it is good. Caldera has an IPA and a APA that got better reviews on beeradvocate.com, and it is in cans. You have to order it online but it is reasonably priced.http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/These guys carry it. I also heard that New Belgium was going to start canning some of there beers.

Ya I checked beer advocate and the bros didn't have much good to say, but these days good beer in cans is becoming harder to find. I would much rather drink this from a can than the other can alternatives available.

But I am very surprised at this beer.....It's awesome.

Do they only can this stuff or can you get it in the bottle?

It is awesome. It's local for me and the only beer I buy. Everything is canned, no bottles. New Belgium seems to think they're on to something. Now you'll be able to get Fat Tire in a can.

Ya I checked beer advocate and the bros didn't have much good to say, but these days good beer in cans is becoming harder to find. I would much rather drink this from a can than the other can alternatives available.

I really dig DPA, Gordon, the Chubb and TenFiddy. Rock solid craft brews in a can. Sly Fox Pikeland Pils is another canned craft favorite of mine.

IIRC in the BA review, they mentioned a cardboardy off flavor in their sample of DPA..can't say I have ever had one that exhibited that.

I have always heard good things about Dales, but I have never seen it anywhere I shop. Today I found it at my local HEB. For those of you in TX you know what that is. Anyway, I live in San Antonio and as you know we like to float down the river and drink beer(Cans Only). Usually I break out the fosters oil cans or shiner cans for the river, only becuase bottles aren't allowed and can selection is limited. But I am very surprised at this beer.....It's awesome.

Yeah, my local Bee Cave HEB started carrying it too. Along with Steamworks Amber Lager. Both are around 8 bucks for a six pack.

It's great pool beer too! No glass near the pool.

Tasty Brew in a can. Pack it in, Pack it out!

Don't listen to everything the Bro's say. I'd rely more on the BA's reviews than the Bro's>
last i checked this was one of the best beers in a can you could find;)

Ive really enjoyed all the beers ive had from Oskar Blues....dang it now im going to have to go out and buy some this week.

Oskar's Old Chub is the best Scottish Wee Heavy I have ever had.

So good, I packed it into the Canyon and quaffed it at Indian Gardens on the way out!

2504389220_6ccb8bbfa5.jpg

Back