Am I Addicted?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I just got into brewing/ wine making. I just started late summer and right now I have a 5 gallon batch of red ale in bottles conditioning....a batch of centennial blond in carboy clearing.......brewed an all grain batch last night and it is in the fermentor.....Have a gallon of apple wine in bottles......two gallons of peach wine in bottles.....have a 5 gallon batch of blueberry wine in the primary.....two gallons asian pear wine going.....1 gallon of welches grape juice wine going....a gallon of spiced tea wine in bottles ( YUCK!!!) and two gallons of banana wine going......All of that and I am setting here wondering what I can do NEXT!!!

ad⋅dict⋅ed
  /əˈdɪktɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-dik-tid]
–adjective
devoted or given up to a practice or habit or to something psychologically or physically habit-forming (usually fol. by to): to be addicted to drugs.

ob⋅ses⋅sion
  Show Spelled Pronunciation [uhb-sesh-uhn]
–noun
1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

Personally, I think you're more obsessed than addicted. I speak from experience . . .

:ban:

I feel the same way ohiosteve! I started brewing three months ago. I have brewed up 11 batches so far. In the past week, I have brewed 3 Austin homebrew kits, bottled my apfelwein, and am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my keggs from kegconnections today.
With all of this, I was just going to order the ingredients to make EdWorts Hause pale ale. Looks popular!
I am obsessed too!

I feel the same way ohiosteve! I started brewing three months ago. I have brewed up 11 batches so far. In the past week, I have brewed 3 Austin homebrew kits, bottled my apfelwein, and am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my keggs from kegconnections today.
With all of this, I was just going to order the ingredients to make EdWorts Hause pale ale. Looks popular!
I am obsessed too!

Yeah but I bet I don't average drinking a 6 pack of beer a month!!! weird huh?

Yeah but I bet I don't average drinking a 6 pack of beer a month!!! weird huh?

What the hell do you do with it all????
I averaged a beer a night at tops two sometimes.
Now with homebrew... it is more like 3 a night. I woder what is going to happen when me kegerator is done? It is going to be way to easy to fill another...
Maybe I should put it in the basement, at least I will get some exercise walking up and down the steps...

What the hell do you do with it all????
I averaged a beer a night at tops two sometimes.
Now with homebrew... it is more like 3 a night. I woder what is going to happen when me kegerator is done? It is going to be way to easy to fill another...
Maybe I should put it in the basement, at least I will get some exercise walking up and down the steps...

LOL trust me, I have family members who think it is cool that now they " don't have to buy beer anymore".......little do they know I am a greedy bastard.

i think the majority of us are obsessed, that or just messed up in the head. I like to think its the first one. At any rate, i spend a good hour a day here on HBT looking at my next DIY or my next brew or my next whatever. For me its the pleasure of doing something myself, and being recognized by my peers for what i do, to the point of them requesting full batches. another good thing, it funds my obsession and they agree to chip in on my next equipment upgrade!

Back