Attaching a fan to your keezer collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBroas

Reaction score
There are a lot of questions on HBT about adding a fan to a keezer so I thought I would share my method which has worked great.

Check out the attached picture.

It's pretty simple. I used a 3" AC cooling fan from radio shack. The hinges allowed me to get the fan out past the lip of the freezer, and the wooden shelf keep the hinges at 90 degrees.

The temperature near the top of the keezer was 14F higher than the bottom. After adding the fan it went down to 3F.

If you want more details, I posted full instructions on my blog: http://billybrew.com/keezer-updates

Hope this helps. Cheers. :mug:

keezer-fan.jpg

Cool idea, I might implement that on my build. I like how you can flip the fan out of the way to load a keg into that corner of the keezer. Is the fan pushing air down or pulling air up?

It's pushing the air down. Not really sure it matters though. I can feel the air flow from every point in the freezer.

Back