Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiki bar is sweet, one question. How hard is it to clean that type of roof and keep it looking nice from like leaves and such?

The previous owners had to replace the thatch roofing every 2 years. WE just replaced it and we are going to tarp it in the winter months to try and extend the life of the roof. $660 every 2 years is kind of pricey. Thanks!

Might as well throw mine into the mix. I have the "dreaded" danby. I got it off craigslist for $200, mainly because the front LED would flash LE, and of course it wouldnt cool down enough. A 50 dollar Ranco fixed that, and I upgraded to the double tower just a couple weeks ago. The tower fan works pretty well. Still get some foam on the first pour, but i never know if thats cause im not carbing my kegs quite right, or a tower/cooling/line length issue. Been pouring tasty brew for almost a year now.

The collar was built out of Azec Cellular PVC Trim board and painted using a compatible Sherwin Williams exterior paint. Believe it or not... rope caulk is more than enough to keep the collar in place.

insidekeg720.jpg

outsidekeg720.jpg

This has been my pet project for the past couple months. I still need to put casters underneath, the same wood on the sides and front, and a nice countertop.
The wood used in the box was just cheap MDF particle board I got from Home Depot. I stained it and tried to vary the brush strokes to ressemble wood grain.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Nice!! I like the metal washers you used instead of the black plastic ones. Where did you find those...if you don't mind me asking?

Ten faucets! Wow...that should keep you busy filling kegs.

Nice!! I like the metal washers you used instead of the black plastic ones. Where did you find those...if you don't mind me asking?

Ten faucets! Wow...that should keep you busy filling kegs.

Shank Flange SS

I got all the kegging equipment from Brewmasters Warehouse. Trust me, you can't do wrong shopping with them :)
One of the poopits was broken on a keg I ordered, and Ed sent me a replacement right away.

Thanks. The shelves are there for the wife.

Well, actually they're for me, to get her off my back about how much kitchen cabinet space I'm taking up with my glass collection. :p

I'll be building a couple of shelves on the wall above the Keezer for the rest of my glasses and tap handles.

Thanks. The shelves are there for the wife.

Well, actually they're for me, to get her off my back about how much kitchen cabinet space I'm taking up with my glass collection. :p

I'll be building a couple of shelves on the wall above the Keezer for the rest of my glasses and tap handles.

I have the same problem: too many glasses, not enough shelf space.

Pretty basic setup compared to some of the kegerators on here but it does the job. :mug: I'm thinking of painting it to make it more interesting. I keep it in my garden shed.

4055517296_abbe7fddf8_b.jpg

4055517890_6bf4400619_b.jpg

4054775363_85f3216ea0_b.jpg

4054776683_b6b0852c49_b.jpg

Diablo
Cool Faucets. Those must not be marketed in the USA because I never see them here. Those are flow restrictor levers on the side, right? That would explain the use of what appears to be larger diameter beverage tubing. Do those sharkbite/quick whatever fittings leak co2?

Diablo
Cool Faucets. Those must not be marketed in the USA because I never see them here. Those are flow restrictor levers on the side, right? That would explain the use of what appears to be larger diameter beverage tubing. Do those sharkbite/quick whatever fittings leak co2?

Yes they are flow control levers. They have a wide range, if you push them all the way up, the flow is completely shut off. I've never had foaming problems. :)

The fittings are made by "John Guest" and are designed for use with compressed gasses, drinks vending etc. I haven't had any problems with leaks but I generally shut off the main tank valve when not serving as a precaution.

I had the cooler tore down for cleaning and prep for a party, so took a few pics.

The rig setup
PDR_0185_2_.jpg

Kegs and CO2 rig
IMAG00161.JPG

Closeup of the paintball bottle holder
IMAG00191.JPG

Inside the lid
IMAG0018.JPG

Tower and beer lines
IMAG0017.JPG

:rockin:

Cool. I've been wanting to see the innards of this. Looks like a fairly tight fit (with just a hair of wiggle room) for your (if I remember right) 3 gallon cornies. Just bought a 2.5 gallon corny, and scheming to acquire another. Portability is invaluable. I need to build a rig similar to yours, and then the wagon to drag it (and the ice chest stereo) around the streets of New Orleans for the purpose of acting the fool.

Capt Kirks,

Do you just pack the inside of the cooler with ice then? How well has it worked. I think your set-up is way cool. I may need to try this.

Cheers

This thread was a huge help with my build.

IMG_02161.JPG

Drip tray on the way.

IMG_0206.JPG

Four kegs takes all she can give with a 4" collar.

IMG_02072.JPG

I used hardboard in place of the original plastic on the lid

Here's my latest project. It's a 15 year old bev air kegerator. I replaced the evaperator fan, repaired a lot of rust damage, and refinished the cabinet. I also had to remove a ton of Bud decals and add a Ranco temp controller. Enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7la-vxpzl0[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Capt Kirks,

Do you just pack the inside of the cooler with ice then? How well has it worked. I think your set-up is way cool. I may need to try this.

Cheers

Yeah, there is room for a 20lb bag of ice, with a little room for a few bottles.

I used this setup (pre-tower, just used cobra taps) for a week long camping trip last summer. The beer stayed nice and cold.

It is primed for a party at the lake this weekend right now.

:mug:

I didn't take any pics of the fridge before I started working on the door. I did however take a picture of the temporary door I made so I could start carbing my 1st barrel.

4582418739_bcc987a4e9_b.jpg

Butchered door.

4582418495_ddd4904917_b.jpg

Test fitting.

4591833131_d5e0907f43_b.jpg

LED array wired up and installed behind lens w/ chrome tape applied.
Basement lights on.
4601937165_10764f0931_b.jpg

Basement lights off.
4601936991_f85a87d08f_b.jpg

Now if I end up in the basement after sleepwalking I can easily find the beer. This is not battery operated (I am considering a battery backup lol) so if the power goes out I'm SOL.

That neon is pretty sweet. Good idea to have a battery back-up. The last thing you want to do in a power outage (or zombie apocalypse) is fumble around for your beer!

HickoryMike
I had one of those 3 door models. It was nice to have all that extra fridge room for parties etc but mine was really worn out and died a sad death. It gave up it's best parts for my keezer. Looks like yours is in good shape and is well taken care of.

Hmmm, who's donating pennies for your beer? You should "seed" that container with some paper money.

Love the tap handles. Love the whole thing. Nice.

Haha, there's $24 in there already, but I love the paper money idea. Only have to convince myself to actually part with some notes.

I'm using the Oster for the fridge. I got the tap and parts out of an old fridge my brother and I put together years ago, given that my shank was like 4-5inches long, I built the draft tower out of PVC parts.

You can also see the tap handles my wife picked up from Schlafly for $5 a pop that went to charity!

94-kegerator.jpg

93-kegerator.jpg

Back