Bottled beer storage temp??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtdigger

Reaction score
So I started home brewing this winter. I have a cellar-like room, that is 3/4 under ground on the side of my garage that is now dedicated to fermenting/storing beer. In the colder months, I use a baseboard heater to maintain around 65 degrees.
Now that summer is here I am seeing temps in the mid to high 70's, with outside temps in the mid to high 80's.
I can use a water bath to keep my fermentation temp OK. However, I can't cool the room. The higher temp is probably helpful to get the bottles carbed, but I'm concerned I may be doing damage to the beer that is being stored.
The house is small, so I can't really bring it in.
Ultimately I would like to keg, with a kegarator set up, but that will have to wait.
I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this.
Thanks.

Well to carb and condition the warmer the better. 70 or above is great for it. And really leaving them warmer won't really do any harm to your beer, expect for maybe long term, but for your typical going to drink it in a few weeks, you'll be fine.

Back