Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My newest build is a two tier system. I didn't keep this one I sold it to a local guy.
Finished result.
DSCN1652.jpg

Frame.
2tierwithoutburners.jpg

Pump and chiller.
DSCN1659.jpg

Water line.
DSCN1661.jpg

Complete, no kettles.
DSCN1647.jpg

Mash/sparge.
DSCN1656.jpg

MLT, and BK.
DSCN1654.jpg

Kill-a-watt that name sounds familiar. I thought another HBTer used that name then left the forum mysteriously?

Very cool build. Even more cool after seeing it run (it really is very elegant in its simplicity). The only problem I have with it is the ideas it gave me are going to cost me a lot of money.

J

Kill-a-watt that name sounds familiar. I thought another HBTer used that name then left the forum mysteriously?

Join date is similar to exit date. Awful lot of posts in a few months, and I remember him saying he was planning to build these and sell them.:rolleyes: Interesting!! Could "The Pol" be back????????

Nice build WillyNilly. That should be fun to brew on.

Here is the Gaptooth Brewhouse.

4800422102_d2a4219939_z.jpg

pickles; now that's what i've been talking about for so long about heat sinks, finally one is posted and it's yours congrats. I see you used Firestone kegs of which I have one vs needing another Anheuser Bush keg instead of a mismatch build. My keg has the imbossed windows at both skirt ends.

My 'collection of parts is getting closer to my brew ring.
At least I can still brew along the way.

kettles.jpg

BrewBeemer is definately drunk... an I'm 100% sure that willynilly is not The Pol... He just cloned his system (sans suicide plug.)

No diatonic i'm straight as a child molesting preacher no alcohol being back on percocets again the back got me down with a walker in house. No disrespect to others it's just me with my gruff German no wishy washy replies. Yeah that wacked out death trap plug was a winner big time, maybe my "Code Book NAZI" replies helped get rid of the weasel? I do not miss his nasty PM's either. It seems rather strange like was posted above that date weasel left a new name signed up??? I'll trade ya using 8 Percosets a day for a home brew anytime I hate meds and drugs. PROSIT, not PROST 100% German here.

I posted this in the picture forum, but didn't notice this thread until today.

Completely stoked to have landed this "new" brewstand.

Actually, there's a sentimental story behind this sucker. I successfully bid on this during an auction where the proceeds go directly to my local homebrewer's association. It was actually designed and built by one of the association's founding members - who unfortunately passed away many years ago. I was happy to participate in this auction and land this brewstand, which came about well before the homebrewing market started to ascend. I guess it's on to all-grain!

I have a larger cooler I plan on using for a mash tun, but you get the point nonetheless.

FrontView1.jpg

HLTank.jpg

LockingCasters.jpg

HLInterior.jpg

BoilKettleInterior.jpg

BaseAssmebly.jpg

:ban:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:ban:

Great job! Once you've gone all-grain you'll never go back. It's nice and compact - just be careful with that HLT. Maybe a little new paint, but WTH, it's ready to brew!

4ca98623.jpg

I made my ghetto stand "slightly" less ghetto by adding some wall paneling I found in the garage attic. Still cost me a grand total of $0...

I'm here to make you all feel much better about your equipment...

Great job! Once you've gone all-grain you'll never go back. It's nice and compact - just be careful with that HLT. Maybe a little new paint, but WTH, it's ready to brew!

Yeah...I've yet to receive this (will get it next week), but I'm def. gonna take it slow & safe.

I kinda like the chippy paint job it's got!

CIMG1912.JPG

Here's mine. I put the finishing touches on yesterday, and brewed a fresh hop APA on her last night. Much better than lifting those keggles up and down off of my wifes gardening table. It's powered by 2 high pressure burners and an adjustable regulator from agrisupply.com. The 1" square tube and expanded metal came from S&S metals in Reno for $70. I welded it up with a friends MIG. Grinding and painting is in the works, but I just couldn't wait to use it once it was functional. I found the plans for it at the Google Sketchup Wharehouse http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cc3a8a78b94d2745befb94a335d281b8&prevstart=0 The plans sure look a lot like Dude's stand from page 2 of this thread.

That's exactly what I had to do. I just put it up on the MLT shelf and drain it from there. Not ideal, but I didn't want to make the HLT any higher. I envision a pump system in the future. To pump water up to the HLT from the BK, and to drain/cool the BK.

Back