Kegerator with smaller cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroT

Reaction score
Well I'm new to the forum and the world of brewing. I am not a big drinker, but I'll have the occasional beer. My question for all of you is... could I use a smaller mini fridge to make into a kegerator? Like a 3.2 cubic foot fridge and then put 2 smaller 2.5 gallon kegs in it? I basically want to take what most people do and then cut it in half.

Like maybe 2 of these?

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/2-5-gallon-mini-draft-system-new-keg.html

Yeah, that works fine. I picked up a very small kegerator off CL. It will hold two 5 gallon kegs, barely. I'm going to keep a single 5 gallon and two 3 gallon kegs in it with a 3 tap tower.

By going with little 2.5 or 3 gallon kegs, you open up a lot more possibilities as to mini fridges you can use. The freezer being in the way is not an issue with the smaller kegs.

It'll work fine. the 2.5 and 3gal cornies aren't as common because you only find them new, for like $140 a pop. That's 3-6 used 5 gallon cornies, so many guys just 'go big', that's all.
nothing at all wrong with your idea.

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking to start kegging myself. What size mini fridge would fit 3 5gallon kegs? Anyone have a brand/model # or exact size for one they might have?

Your gonna have a hard time finding a mini fridge that will fit 3 kegs, unless its built to be a kegerator by the factory. There usually not wide or deep enough.

Back