PLC Manual Screen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kody_H

Reaction score
I am building my control screen for my Automated Brewery, I want to make sure that I am not missing or overlooked something. :mug:

Brewery Manual Config v3.png

That looks pretty sweet, what are you going to use for your I/O hardware control?

FYI, the chugger pumps that are represented actually pump the other direction, the inlet is the center, and the outlet is tangential. Didn't know if it was just like that for pictorial representation or not.

Also, as much as I love electronics and automation, you may want a one-way check valve on your incoming water feed. In case a pump fails, you don't want dirty water pumped into the supply (I know it's a longshot, but backflow preventers are everywhere for a reason).

And a recommendation, with all of the valves already, why not have an option for a tangential whirlpool inlet on your brew kettle? I've found that steeping hops at a lower temp during a whirlpool adds a ton of aroma, and it allows you to stabilize your wort temp before it goes into the fermentor, not to mention the nice trub pile that collects in the center of the kettle.

I'll keep staring at it and see if I can come up with anything else. Cheers!

Matt Kosonen

Back