popped open my first two beers this weekend and put the third in the primary.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS

Reaction score
It feels good to be a homebrewer.

My first beer was a BB Oktoberfest I brewed as a steam. That beer has been in the bottle for 2 weeks and overall tastes good, but has some suttle off flavors. I think it is still green. My second beer is a BB witbier that I added some sweetened orange peal and cranberry extract. That beer I bottled last Sunday and it tastes great! I wasn't going to open one until next week, but I read today that wits are better new beers. The cranberry is suttle, but the flavor is pretty good. Tastes sort of like a milder Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic with out the sourness.

Yesterday I put my third beer in the primary, a Dark Cherry Chocolate Stout. I added 22 oz of honey and some more hops + bakers chocolate to the northern brewer dark cherry stout. I hope to have that one ready sometime in February.

Next up an American Cream Ale and Caribou Slobber, both NB kits. My wife is asking for a clone of Chimay red label.

cheers!

It sounds like you are off to a good start! Keep up the brewing!

I found that I brewed all sorts of different recipes until I build my first rig... then it was all about getting "one" beer right before I moved on to other beers. Enjoy it! good luck.

thanks. hoping the oktober fest cleans up. I made a couple mistakes with that one, but it was my first. It was spared infection though. It was a lager and I brewed as an ale, so I think it has some fruity off tastes as a result.

Latest posts

Back