Adding a Cornelius Regulator to a Tap-Rite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudebrews

Reaction score
I currently have an older Tap-Rite dual gauge (dual gauge not dual regulator) connected to a 5# co2 tank and dispensing gas to one keg. I want to pull off the high pressure second gauge (the one that tells me how much gas I have left in the tank) and add on a second regulator so that I can run two different pressures at once.

I'm looking at this cornelius regulator from Midwest Supplies http://www.midwestsupplies.com/kegging/gas-supplies/regulator-accessories/double-regulator-adapter.html . The rep there wasn't sure if it would be compatible with my old Tap Rite regulator. They are both left hand threads so I'm thinking it should work unless there is some issue other than thread compatibility. Anyone have any experience combining different brands of regulators together? Any issues I need to be aware other than thread compatiblity?

Some cornelius regulators are right hand thread. I have 2 like that. But I also have one that's left hand thread. Make sure you know first

Back