Wild Goose IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelikan

Reaction score
Wild Goose IPA

ipagq7.jpg

Like other beer purchases I've made recently, I picked this one up primarily for the bottles. I wanted to get something decent, but also in a variety pack, to sample a new brand. Thus, I picked up Wild Goose, because it was the only variety I saw that included a stout. The IPA will be the subject of this review.

Cracking the bottle, I get some mild hop aroma. Nothing like what I'd expect from a top notch IPA a la Dogfishhead, but decent nevertheless, and I suppose appropriate for something in the English tradition, as Wild Goose claims to be.

The head is very unimpressive, really nonexistent. The photo above was taken right after the pour. By the time I finished with the camera, the head was basically gone.

The taste is pretty good. It's a big improvement over the Wild Goose XPA, which is about one step up from BMC, but it's still nothing to write home about. There is hop bitterness and flavor present, but nothing notable.

Wild Goose beers, as a whole, lack inspiration. The IPA is a notch or so above Wild Goose's XPA, but is not a standout by any stretch of the imagination. And for around $30 a case, there are much better beers available.

Overall Rating: B-

Latest posts

Back