Sweet Sassy-Molassey, that's a lot of foam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougBrew

Reaction score
Help! I just force carbed the second batch of a Cali Common and it is coming out fast and foamy! Originally I had it dispensing at about 8psi. I'm not sure of the temp in kegerator, but I'm positiv it's less than 40 degrees F. Then I unhooked the gas line, bled the excess and waited about an hour. Then I rehooked the gas line at about 5psi. Still foaming like a mother! I bled it again and reseated it at 3psi, but I haven't tested it yet today... From what I've seen, I can only expect another 16oz of foam for my next pour. Any suggestions??? Thanks, guys.

Sounds like it's overcarbonated. Take the gas off completely. Shake it a little bit, let off the gas at valve, shake it, let off gas, repeat for 10 minutes. Then add a little bit of gas (a few psi) just to pour, remove gas and pour. If it's pouring good at that point, you can put gas back on.

Latest posts

Back