mut cyser I think

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnabus

Reaction score
So, this is my first post here, and I thought I'd share a recipe I came up with by trial and error a few years ago. I give it the name Aloglynomel, or mut cyser. I made about 50 gallons (10 batches of 5 gallon) of these ingredients seperate before deciding to combine them.

5 gallon run:

6lbs local honey traditional
6lbs local black walnut syrup
6lbs local maple syrup
1 gallon Aloe Vera juice
1 gallon honey crisp apple juice

This should give you around 3.5 gallons of volume, I do heat the syrups and honey up to kill anything in them, then mix with the apple juice, I found that I do not like boiling the aloe juice.

1.5 gallons spring water

Campdens+nutrient+pectic enzyme like you normally would.

I myself let this sit for about 72 hours before pitching yeast, only because I had bad results with separation before and I shake it a good few times right before pitch.

1 packet EC1118

This took about 4 weeks from start to end fermentation, kept in 65F temperature dark room.

The flavor:
I found it had a very flowery but nutty flavor, not at all unpleasant.

The color:
The color was slightly amber but with a strong yellow hue.

The smell:
It smelled as apple cider and aloe.

Abv:
I did not take a specific reading prior, but going by taste and effect, I'd guess 10-12%

Sorry if this recipe is in the wrong section, or is listed funny. Please share your thoughts.

Back