Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MULE said:
I am waiting for my mid life crises to occur before I buy my bike. That way my kids will be grown and I'll actually have money again. Let's just hope I still have the nerve.

you just need to be able to justify it better ;) For me, well I used to drive to and from work in my 98 Chevy pickup. Well what I was paying in gas alone was more than what Im paying for my monthly bike payment.

erohver said:
+1

I get 48-50mpg with my SV!

Yup. Of course, I feel guilty commuting even on that, because I should be riding the pedal-powered two-wheeled vehicle anyway, but... :D

About 48mpg on "My Therapist" :
flhrpi.jpg

Im going to go down and try and test ride a Raider tomorrow. Ive heard nothing but good things about these bikes. Anyone have a chance to ride one yet?

Awesome, hagen! I like the propane tank on the tail. You gotta brew, right? And the BRP ... that looks like a bike I'd get arrested on immediately. Way too fun! :D

So hagen, erhover and Mike, do you other SV riders ever check out svrider.com? There's a ton of really, really great info to be had over there. I'm e lo there, too.

e lo said:
Awesome, hagen! I like the propane tank on the tail. You gotta brew, right? And the BRP ... that looks like a bike I'd get arrested on immediately. Way too fun! :D

So hagen, erhover and Mike, do you other SV riders ever check out svrider.com? There's a ton of really, really great info to be had over there. I'm e lo there, too.

I lurk on svrider.com from time to time. I spend more time on the UTMC site: http://blackjoe.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=abd53f772eab1522258cac94011f55c4

It's down for a short time due to server issues. Great bunch of riders!

I do check it every once in a while. However I try to stay away as Id put 5K into my bike and I dont need too. I really want to do 2 brothers Exhaust. I bought the bike because with Gas and bike payment it was still cheaper than driving my truck to work during the summer.

EricK The Red said:
There are heat shields surrounding the cans on the Honda. My carbon fiber pipe stays cool to the touch at all times.

Believe it or not, the thing hasn't even gotten hot after idling in traffic at a standstill for 30 minutes. I used to cinch the bag way up, but found it just didn't matter at all. Good bag, universal from swmotech.com. Pic was on rt108 in Vermont just as it was starting to rain coming back from rt17 (the only "great road" in VT).

I ride VT 17 all the time! Come visit the Northcountry this summer and I'll show you the best road in the Adirondacks. It's a secret & I'm not allowed to post it's location. :D

Go back a few posts and watch the videos I've posted, you'll see it there...

Nice to see all of the 'naked' bikes.

Seems im in good company.

Here is my Speed Triple (s3)

1191_15_01_08_12_44_22.jpg

s3n8 said:
Nice to see all of the 'naked' bikes.

Seems im in good company.

Here is my Speed Triple (s3)

1191_15_01_08_12_44_22.jpg

'Scuse me while I wipe the drool off of my keyboard. Man, do I love the S3.

Not sure about the bra (I have StompGrips on mine), but I've heard good things about the fender eliminator from holeshot.com. Plus, Dale is awesome and customer service is great. I have a Holeshot Slip-on, and I love it.

Of course, for a fender eliminator, you can always make your own...

Edit: Oops, you have a 2nd gen. Well, I believe you've got it even easier. A riding buddy of mine removed his fender with a minimum of fuss, and without buying anything more elaborate than the bracket I describe in my writeup.

Here is my dirt bike. 2007 KTM 450 XCW. Been dirtbiking since I was 4 when my old man got me a little KTM 50cc. I do a lot of enduro & offroad. I haven't had the extra cash around too buy a nice street bike though.

HPIM1063.jpg

OregonNative said:
Here is my dirt bike. 2007 KTM 450 XCW. Been dirtbiking since I was 4 when my old man got me a little KTM 50cc. I do a lot of enduro & offroad. I haven't had the extra cash around too buy a nice street bike though.

I see a supermotard conversion in the future.....

That bike is awesome for the adventure riding stuff. Check out this site if you haven't already:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php

Awesome site with the best trip reports I have ever seen. From around the world stuff to just Sunday cruises.

Oh, and a plug for my local gang:

www.sportriders.org

well as of yesterday my VTX is history. This sexy thing has taken it's spot.

2008 VStrom DL650 with ABS

Strom_002.jpg

I think Ill take it up to the top of the mountains today and get it nice and dirty

Chimone said:

Strom_002.jpg

I think Ill take it up to the top of the mountains today and get it nice and dirty

Awesome! I love the V-Strom. Have fun on it! I bet there's a ton of great places to ride it around you, too.

Chimone said:

Strom_002.jpg

I'm trading in my SV for the DL1000 next season. Great choice on the Wee Strom!!!:rockin:

This bike is awesome! Im up to 150 of the 600 mile break in period. I cant wait to see what this thing does up in the 9k RPM range.

I went down a few trails this morning also and it handles like a dream off road.

Chimone said:
This bike is awesome! Im up to 150 of the 600 mile break in period. I cant wait to see what this thing does up in the 9k RPM range.

I went down a few trails this morning also and it handles like a dream off road.

That's awesome. Offroad riding is a blast -- but my SV didn't handle it too well. Of course, by off-road I mean the outside of a blown corner @ the track, but still... :D

My springer and Fatboy... In the garage you can make out the Buell XB12R I'll get a pic of that up also... My wife always says to me That I must not have had any toys growing up..

side.jpg

springer dw.jpg

I wouldnt call it a motorcycle but here is my scooter
nps5005vm1.jpg

dscf0117ny1.jpg

05 Honda Ruckus (110 MPG) I ride it 10 miles to work in the summer time on fridays

Back