Where to go in Santa Ana, CA and San Francisco, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the original location in Palo Alto. After loading up on food and beer I wander across the street to Stanford and walk around the campus, it's quite scenic.

Are you serious? I hope not. Stanford is one of the ugliest campuses I've seen in CA. If you think Stanford is nice, you'll be blown away by the UC Santa Barbara campus and the Westmont campus (in Montecito). Heck, even UC Santa Cruz is prettier.

Anyway, the SF one is quite scenic too. It's right by the bay bridge, you can look out at Yerba Buena Island and Treasure Island, and you can wander up and down the warf.

I met up with jmulligan this afternoon and dropped off some beer. Too bad we couldn't hang out with all that "work" and stuff. :) I PMed you but just in case anyone else cares, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread, but Firestone Walker Brewing is right on the drive a little more than half way between LA and SF off the 101. Worth a stop for anyone going through Paso Robles.

Firestone Walker Brewing Company

UPDATE

Headed back to Irvine/Newport Beach next week (arriving Wednesday 04/15, leaving Saturday morning 04/18).

I basically have one day to play (Wednesday). Taking previous suggestions that didn't get used last time and I plan to drive down to Escondido and catch a tour of Stone Brewing at 2 pm, and then catch Pizza Port for dinner on the way back to Newport Beach. I totally hate that whole eating-by-yourself thing, so I'll either do the "I'm reading a book and totally want to be here by myself" thing, or sit at the bar and hope someone nice sits nearby.

Either way, sunshine and beer, here I come! :mug:

Newport Beach for dinner? You've got to hit up the Yard House at Fashion Island.

Yeah, I actually went there last time - enjoyed myself, especially since my hotel that time was within walking distance! I am going to stop at Pizza Port for dinner this time. :mug:

Back