Going on Vacation Mi to San Francisco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
What are must stop breweries. We will be flying into San fran and heading up to Oregon to see my brother. Will be Spending a week there and a week in CA visiting Napa Valley, Red Woods, and San Fran. Obvious stops will be Russian River Brewery and Laguinitas. Any other most stops? Thinking Anchor. Will be doing some wine tasting and tours with the wife. We do have a couple of kids so this is not be a total beer wine vacation but hey if your in the area.

Anchor is likely not an option without advanced planning, as they book out very far in advance. It is a cool tour, though. RRBC and Lagunitas are both excellent, as is Bear Republic in Healdsburg. I'll second the recommendation for Toronado and will add City Beer Store to the list of stops while in SF, though those stops are over-21 only.

Have a great time and bring a sweatshirt or light jacket, as it can get chilly during the summer in the city. Also be prepared for long wait times at RRBC, especially on weekends. Last time I had my wife drop me off for a spot at the bar while she took the kids to lunch in downtown Santa Rosa. The alternative was a 2 hour wait for a table, which is ridiculous.

Anchor is likely not an option without advanced planning, as they book out very far in advance. It is a cool tour, though. RRBC and Lagunitas are both excellent, as is Bear Republic in Healdsburg. I'll second the recommendation for Toronado and will add City Beer Store to the list of stops while in SF, though those stops are over-21 only.

Have a great time and bring a sweatshirt or light jacket, as it can get chilly during the summer in the city. Also be prepared for long wait times at RRBC, especially on weekends. Last time I had my wife drop me off for a spot at the bar while she took the kids to lunch in downtown Santa Rosa. The alternative was a 2 hour wait for a table, which is ridiculous.

Oh wow. I didn't expect that kind of wait just to get a beer. Have to be 21 or over even if they serve food?

Just do RR midweek not around lunch hour and u will be fine. They have some great food and it is a brewpub so the whole family is allowed. Merch is a little expensive in my opinion though

Last time we where down there we stayed in Petaluma, started in Santa Rosa for lunch. The Sashimi Won Tacos at Tex Wasabi's are amazing. Good option if RR is full. Then we left Santa Rosa and drove down through the Sonoma valley. Great place for dinner in Sonoma is Saddle Steakhouse. We ended up back in Petaluma and Lagunitas for the end of the day. Very nice loop. Keep in mind the Lagunitas is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Have a great trip

Flying out to San Fran this evening. Can't wait. Will also be doing Ashland Oregon and surrounding areas as well as Diamond lake.

Back