Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just adopted this brute an hour ago, she's about 4

1405560449370.jpg

First off - this IS the best thread ever!

I have been lucky enough to raise a few animals over the years.

There is absolutely nothing like a loving dog to make your day. You guys know what I'm talking about - Love! That's what dogs do. They love us and can't seem to help themselves from doing that. It's who they are. For me ? I only hope I can be as good to my dogs as they are to me. Unconditional love.

My dog has vestibular syndrome and the symptoms are shocking. She can't walk or even stand at this point. It's a disease where the nerves in the inner ear get irritated and inflamed. Apparently it clears up after a couple weeks but what a freaky moment. Thought she was having a seizure or stroke.

My dog has vestibular syndrome and the symptoms are shocking. She can't walk or even stand at this point. It's a disease where the nerves in the inner ear get irritated and inflamed. Apparently it clears up after a couple weeks but what a freaky moment. Thought she was having a seizure or stroke.

As a kid, I had a cat with a similar problem. He was a horrible, vicious attack cat. He got so dizzy that he'd turn in circles before flopping to the floor. Well, we fed him a lot during his illness and he gained about 15 pounds. He stayed very fat and not so vicious after that.

So 5 weeks after becoming "grand parents" to 9 labradoodle puppies we're working our butts off keeping everything clean and in love with every one of them! No way to keep all 9 as much as we want to. :(

Truffle 5 wks.jpg

Puppy 5 wks.jpg

Adpic_4.jpg

009.jpg

Adpic_1.jpg

Damn dogs. We just got back from the emergency vet with Maggie. Earlier this evening she couldn't open either eye all of a sudden. The vet numbed her up a bit and found a really long cut on her right eye. Not sure what happened but I think it could be related to her favorite hobby, cat hunting. Our cats have tried for a year now to show her they don't want anything to do with her but she can't stop following them around. She's ok, needs an antibiotic for a week and gets to wear this awesome hat.

1405837492990.jpg

Look who got a new collar from my trip to lagunitas chicago yesterday!

Such a handsome devil...ready for brew day!

1405886243593.jpg

1405886495047.jpg

first 2 are our old dog Junior, before and after shaving. we gave him a mohawk once, but he didn't like it. last one is our dog Loogie. my wife got her as a rescue when she was an Animal Control Officer. she was found in a live trap full of porcupine quills and buck shot. she just had a litter of pups but none were ever found.

Picture 349.jpg

Picture 377.jpg

Picture 258.jpg

Our girl was terrified of the thunderstorm so we took her down to the tv room in the basement. She was shaking like a leaf on a tree for over 2 hours.

Photo%25252020140720144527.jpg

Our girl was terrified of the thunderstorm so we took her down to the tv room in the basement. She was shaking like a leaf on a tree for over 2 hours.

I'm sure you get a ton of unwanted advice... but have you tried the ThunderShirt? My inlaws swear by it for their spaniel...

See, this seems like normal behavior to me, while my dogs want outside immediately at the sound of thunder and will stand in the open lawn watching the lightning while being rained on.

Your dog's a cute one!

/Will always still be figuring it out/

See, this seems like normal behavior to me, while my dogs want outside immediately at the sound of thunder and will stand in the open lawn watching the lightning while being rained on.

Your dog's a cute one!

All my girls are cute ones ;-)

We are trying to get another rescue dog from Spain now to keep her company. It looks to me like he's a cross between a Parson Russell Terrier and an Andalusian Rat Terrier. His name is Buda. I told my wife that if he starts to be a pest then I'll start to call him Budapest.

1404908800.jpg

1404908692.jpg

Still working on a pole that attaches to these hairy beasts. I figure if they do the shedding, I'll just re-use and re-cycle and make them the dust mops.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406034705.401055.jpg

Still working on a pole that attaches to these hairy beasts. I figure if they do the shedding, I'll just re-use and re-cycle and make them the dust mops.

View attachment 212674

My blue merle has a very similar dense coat like the top one on the picture. But less white:

2cynygx.jpg

FYI... That picture is entitled "This herdin' sh*t's hard!". :)

On that pic he had a "butt-cut" because he has some uh, uhmn,,, "lower G-I" issues the week prior.

MC

Jackson the Lab watching to make sure no one steals my brew rig... Then there is Baxter... my tiny chihuahua. He's like the alarm system, and Jack is the muscle

1406062941144.jpg

1406063000655.jpg

My blue merle has a very similar dense coat like the top one on the picture. But less white:

2cynygx.jpg

FYI... That picture is entitled "This herdin' sh*t's hard!". :)

On that pic he had a "butt-cut" because he has some uh, uhmn,,, "lower G-I" issues the week prior.

MC

How old is your Aussie?

Back