Undecided on Fermentaion Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwain

Reaction score
OK Guys,
I'm trying to decide if I should build a fermentation chamber, like take the door off of a fridge, fan, duct, insulation, etc. or buy a freezer and put the thermostat on it. I know the fermentation chamber will need a thermostat also. I have room for either all though the chamber will be tight. I'm just wondering what I'll get the most use out of in the long run. Ideas? comments? Thanks - Dwain

if you have the option of a CF, then make sure you can fit at least 2 6.5Gallon Carboys in it... then at least you'll be able to put one in and use the remaining space for 4 or so cornys... I made a chamber and wished that i had added a small dorm fridge components to it because, though its only good for my beer... Its a pain in the ass to change bottles every day...

First, Thanks for the replies.
2nd, SHvanBommel, I read your post several times. Are you saying that your chamber is too small? What would adding the small dorm fridge components do for you? if I use this for a fermentation chamber, I brew Ales, won't the temp. be too high to store cornies?
3rd, B-K, that is a bad mully grubber. I would think that you'd be very happy with it. Unfortuately, I can't do that right now.
BTW, I have a Ranco thermostat that I will be using. Thanks - Dwain

Back